Monday, March 12, 2012

The Geek's Guide to Parenthood Update

Twins, Foundations and Kitchen Counters

"How long had she been complaining about her back hurting, Bella?" Esme asked.

"Almost all day," Bella answered as she finished changing Kyra. "She insisted on going out for lunch. She needed to get out of the condo. Stubborn ass."

"She's Rose," I snickered.

"She is. Once she gets something in her mind, nothing stops her," Bella sighed. "Okay, so random thought. That doctor that ran into you, did he seem familiar?"

"Sort of," I answered. "Something about the eyes. I haven't seen him since, though. Maybe we're imagining things. Alice, did you see that doctor?"

"No. I didn't. But, I've had a weird feeling all day," Alice shuddered. "Something's going to happen. Soon…you know? It's bugging me, Older."

"Me too, Younger," I said, giving her a sympathetic smile. "Did you and Rose get a chance to eat lunch?"

"No. We ordered but left soon after once her water broke," Bella sighed.

"Go get some food," Esme encouraged. "We'll watch Kyra."

"Can we join you?" Alice asked.

"Sure, Ali," Bella replied. "It's been too long since we've spent time together."

"Can we not go to the cafeteria? There's a diner down the road," Jasper said. "I can't handle eating cardboard pizza and stale coffee. Nasty foul shit."

"So, you'd rather eat grease?" Alice chirped.

"Yes. So much tastier than cardboard. Let's go, punks," Jasper said as he linked his hands with Alice. I rolled my eyes and offered my arm to my wife. We left the waiting room of the maternity ward. We walked briskly in the chilled February night to diner that Jasper so desperately wanted to eat at. It was open seating and we piled into a large booth in the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment