Thursday, March 15, 2012

Figure Eight Teaser


“Bella, you have to stop pushing yourself. You’re muscles in your hip are tight,” Emmett chided. “We don’t want you to reinjure yourself.”

“Sorry, Em,” I sighed from my spot on the table. “We are making some subtle adjustments to our short program, adding more technical elements to earn more points.”

“Isabella Marie! Right now it’s not about points. It’s about your damn health,” Emmett snapped.

“Jesus, Emmett. Relax,” I pouted. “You don’t have to yell. I get enough of that from Edward, Alice, Rose and Carlisle.”

“Sorry, Bellarina. I’m just, um, horny,” Emmett mumbled. “I need me a dose of Rosie.”

“No dice in the bedroom department?” I snickered.

“Four months,” he sighed. “Not like I’m counting or anything. How would you feel if you couldn’t be with Edward?”

“I would hate it, but would deal. I didn’t have sex for twenty-five years. A few months won’t mean anything,” l smirked. “Am I done?”

“Yep. Ice when you get home and then have Edward stretch you out after you shower. Have a good night, Bellarina,” Emmett said, helping me up from the table.

“Later, Emmett,” I said, hobbling out of the training room. I ambled toward the locker room, poking my head into the men’s locker room. “Edward?”

“Yes, love?” he chimed from the back corner.

“Anyone nekkid in here?” I asked.

“Nope, come on in,” he chuckled. I followed his voice to the rear of the locker room. He was seated on the floor, on some mats. His legs were spread in a split and he was leaning forward, stretching his body. “Did Emmett yell at you?”

“How did you know?”

“The furrow between your brows,” Edward said, pointing to his own brows. “I know we worked you too hard. Tomorrow will be an easy day, Bella. We have two weeks until Nationals. Perhaps we can work in the morning and do some choreography work with Rose in the afternoon. Arm stylings and such, you know?”

“Sounds good,” I said as I sat down. “You ready to go?”

“Yep. I’m almost done with my cool-down. My hamstrings were tight today,” he grimaced. “Oh, Alice was looking for you earlier. She was very upset.”

“Really? Did she go already?”

“Yeah. She said she’d meet you back at your apartment,” he replied, standing up gracefully. He loped over to his locker, grabbing his bag. “You need anything from your locker?”

I nodded. We walked quietly to my locker, picking up my bags and walking to my car. I checked my cell phone and saw several missed calls from Alice, Jasper and Charlie.

No comments:

Post a Comment