Sunday, February 26, 2012

Edward Cullen: A Work in Progress Teaser


“I don’t feel the love, Edward,” Tim said with a pronounced frown.

“You make me hurt. Of course, I don’t love you,” I grouched. “Let’s get on with the daily torture.” Tim gave me an impish grin before taking out his implements of agony. An hour of heavy breathing and wheezing, Tim left. Bella slipped in as he was packing up. “Finally, a friendly face.”

“Hi, Whip,” she said, winking at me.

“He’s crotchety today, Bella,” Tim said as he snuck out.

“Are you being unbearable to your therapists, Edward?” Bella chided.

“A little. It hurts,” I whined. “Plus, I hate taking the pain meds. I feel all loopy.”

“Edward, you have to take your medication. I know what you’re thinking but don’t worry about it,” Bella said as she sat down next to me, lacing her fingers with mine. I immediately calmed down. What would really calm me down is good orgasm…Fuck, I’m so horny. “Edward, stop staring at me like I’m the last woman in the planet. We can’t be together like that. At least not for awhile. Your ribs are still healing and it hurts for you to breathe deeply. When you come, your hold body reacts. No nookie.”

“Fuck,” I grumbled. “God damn James.”

“I do want to talk to you, though,” she said as she sat down in the chair next to the bed. “It’s about the house…”

“I’m selling it. I don’t think I can go back in there knowing that James was there,” I said succinctly. “I feel horribly about getting rid of the house, but…”

“Actually, I’ve talking to your mom. She’s willing to buy it from you and she’s going to move in there. She put her home in Port Angeles up for sale. She and Dr. Carter have gotten, um, close,” Bella blushed. “Your dad was served with divorce papers a week ago.”

“Damn,” I snickered. “Good for Mom. She deserves some happiness. And Dr. Carter is a good guy.”

“What about your mom’s offer?”

“What is she planning on doing to the house?” I asked.

“Demolishing it and starting from scratch,” Bella answered. “Apparently your grandfather left her a shit-ton of money, too. She gave me a ton of listings on Mercer Island.”

“I’m glad to be rid of the house, but I don’t know about having my mom live there…especially after what happened,” I said, my heart clenching.

“Edward, James is gone. Victoria was found in James’ hide-out, raped and beaten to death. By her own brother. What the hell? I mean, that dude was fucking sick,” Bella shuddered. “Anyhow, I can’t walk in the house without having  a panic attack. I had to call Emmett to carry me inside today to get a fresh change of clothes and shower. Every second while I was there, I was looking over my shoulder. I can’t do it, Edward.” Tears fell onto her cheeks. With my right hand, I pulled on her arm. She gave me a look but I scooted over on the bed. She crawled in with me, curling to my right side.

“We’ll find something else, Bella. Perhaps something smaller. That house was too much for the two of us,” I said as I kissed her damp hair. She nodded. “What about our wedding? You still want to get hitched?”

“I do,” she giggled, nestling closer to me. It hurt slightly but I didn’t make a fuss. I loved holding her.

No comments:

Post a Comment