Thursday, January 5, 2012

Finding Love Through Music Teaser


. I stumbled out to my car and a few traitorous tears fell down my cheeks. I reached into my bag and took my anti-anxiety pills. I drove quickly back to my apartment and stripped my clothes off my body. I barely remembered my shower. I was brushing my hair, in a daze when I heard a quiet knock on my door. I put on a fleece and walked to my door. I looked through the peephole to see Edward standing there.

Pulling open the door, “Edward?” I asked.

“I could kill her,” he fumed as he breezed past me. “We get back to my townhouse and Jessica has the gall to give me paperwork from her attorney, requesting an amendment in visitation.”

“What?” I whispered. “What did it say?”

“She wants full custody,” Edward whispered as he fell onto my couch. His posture was slumped, defeated. “She took Emma back to her condo with Newton after she dropped that bombshell. She was bawling. Emma was. It broke my heart. I wanted to take my little girl into my arms and make it better. But, Jessica refused to let her go. With a huff, she dragged Emma out of my house, saying that she was taking her visitation with her tonight until the weekend.”

I sat down next to him and tentatively put my hand on his shoulder. “I didn’t know where else to go, Bella. I’m sorry,” he murmured. “I couldn’t go to my parents’ home. They had a party tonight for the hospital. Emmett and Rose were also at the party. I…I’m so fucking lost. She can’t do this. I don’t know what to do.” He removed his glasses and wiped tears that fell down his cheeks away. I leaned forward and pressed a kiss to his shoulder, over his coat. “Why now?”

“I don’t know, Edward,” I answered. He turned and looked at me. The sadness in his eyes was prominent. He loved his daughter and being separated from her was obviously weighing heavily on his soul. “The first thing you need to do is contact your attorney tomorrow. They need to be aware of what Jessica did.”

“Jenks will be getting a phone call first thing,” he said as he continued to stare at me. “Are you okay?”

“You’re asking about me? Edward, you’re the one who is dealing with a crisis. Don’t worry about me,” I said as I ran my fingers through his hair. “Getting Emma back is our number one priority.”

“Our?” Edward muttered.

“Your number one priority,” I corrected. “Sorry. Jessica is right. Emma is not my daughter. I have no claim to her.”

“It doesn’t stop the fact that you already love her,” he said as he turned his body to me.

“I do. She’s amazing, Edward,” I smiled. “It’s because you raised her so well.”

“I liked that you said it’s our number one priority. For the first time since…since Jessica, I feel like I have someone else on my side. Wanting to fight with me,” he said, his eyes glazing over again.

“Edward, no one should have to deal with this drama alone,” I sighed. I gently took his face in my hands. “You were there for me when I crumbled and were my rock. Now, it’s my turn. You’re not on your own in this. Like you said, I love Emma. She’s wormed her way into my heart and I can’t back away. Not now.”

“I could say the same about you,” Edward breathed. “You wormed your way into my heart, too. But I hope you like me more than just for my little girl.” His crooked grin slightly filled his face.

“I suppose,” I laughed as I ruffled his hair. He snorted and pulled me into a warm embrace. His lips gently caressed my neck, along the soft spot behind my ear. He chuckled quietly. “What?”

“Your hair is all wet,” he laughed.

“When one showers, that’s what happens, Edward,” I said as I scratched my fingers against his scalp. He pulled away and searched my eyes. “What? There’s something more?”

“Are you sure you’re okay?” he asked as he cupped my face. “I saw how hurt you looked when you left.”
“I’m fine. I’m more worried about you and Emma,” I answered honestly. “Seeing Jessica there was unexpected and yes, she was rude but my feelings are inconsequential to what Emma’s feeling right now.” A few tears slipped out of Edward’s eyes and he crashed his lips against mine. Even though it was a passionate kiss, he was never hurtful or rough. He pulled me over his lap and I straddled his legs. His arms wrapped around my waist. My fingers threaded into his hair, thoroughly enjoying our kiss. Edward was also enjoying our kiss. His enjoyment was currently poking me in the stomach.

No comments:

Post a Comment