Monday, January 2, 2012

Finding Love Through Music Teaser


“Does Miss Bella know where we’re going today?” Emma asked as she climbed on the stool in the kitchen.

“I asked if she was free and she said yes. But I haven’t told her what we’re doing,” I smirked. “Shall we call her?”

“Please?” Emma begged.

I pulled out my cell phone and dialed Bella’s number. I put it on speaker, placing the phone on the counter in between Emma and me. It rang a few times before Bella’s musical voice filled the kitchen of my townhouse. “Hello?”

“Morning, Bella,” I smiled. “How are you?”

“I’m good,” she said. “How are you?”

“On cloud nine,” I answered. “Are you still free today?”

“I am. What’s the plan?”

“We’re going to the zoo!” Emma squealed.

“Goodness, child. That was loud,” I said as I ruffled her hair. Emma shot me a look.

“Hi, Emma. Are you breaking your dad’s ear drums?” Bella laughed.

“Yep. We’re going to zoo to see the lights! And the aminals,” Emma giggled. “Can you come?”

“I don’t know, Miss Emma. I was supposed to have tea with the president this afternoon,” Bella hedged. “But, I’ll call and reschedule. What time should I meet you?”

“Nonsense,” I said. “We’ll pick you up, beautiful. It wouldn’t be a date if you met us at the zoo. How about I pick you up at four?”

“That works,” Bella answered. “Are we going out for dinner or should I eat something before?”

“We’re getting pizza, Miss Bella,” Emma said excitedly. “Aurelio’s. It’s REALLY good.”

“Well, I guess that answers that,” she laughed. “I better get ready then.”

“Dress warmly,” I said. “It’s cold out and I think it’s going to snow tonight. Perfect for seeing the ZooLights.”

“I’ll break out my heavy coat, Professor,” Bella quipped. I blushed and smiled widely. “See you later. Bye, Emma”

“Bye, Miss Bella,” Emma squealed. She reached for my phone and ended the call before I could say goodbye to her. “I’m going to get dressed, Daddy. It’s going to be so much fun!” She ran off to her room. I picked up my cell phone and sent off a quick text to Bella.

I’m sorry about Emma’s enthusiasm. She’s excited, if you can tell. But I wanted to say good bye, beautiful. I’ll see you in a few hours. I can’t wait to hold you again – Professor

Me neither, Edward. ;-) See you soon – Bella xx

No comments:

Post a Comment