Sunday, January 29, 2012

Edward Cullen: A Work in Progress Teaser


We spent an hour pumping iron. After we worked up a sufficient sweat, Emmett treated me to a protein shake. Yummy. Heh, not.  We finished our shakes and headed back to our respective homes. Bella was watching television in the family room with Jasper and Alice.

“Hi, Edward,” she said, giving me a half-smile.

“Hey love,” I said as I plopped down on the couch.

“Ew, Whip. You smell. Go shower,” Alice chirped from the love seat.

“What my perspiration doesn’t turn you on, Midget?” I joked.

“Not really. You smell like an elephant’s ass,” she blanched. “Shower. Now!”

“Jesus, you’re bossy, Alice,” Bella giggled.

“And you just NOW realized this?” Alice challenged. Bella growled and stuck out her tongue. I chuckled and got up to shower. Before I headed upstairs, I tossed my sweaty shirt at Alice. She shrieked, holding my clothes like they were toxic waste. I guffawed as I darted up the stairs. Alice was on my heels. “Edward! This is the most disgusting thing ever!” She pounced onto my back, jamming my shirt in my face.

“Alice!” I mumbled into the sweaty cotton. “Don’t asphyxiate me.”

“Do you not smell the nastiness?” she asked from her perch on my back.

“Not really. But then again, it’s my nastiness. I’m kind of immune, Midget,” I said as I dumped her unceremoniously on my bed. She glowered at me as she got comfy on the bed. “Are you going to watch me shower, too, Alice? If so, that’s fifty shades of fucked up.”

“No. I’m not. But, I do have a question for you,” Alice said as she leaned forward on her knees. “Are you going to propose to Bella?”

I turned around abruptly, staring at Alice. Her face was turned up in an impish grin. “What?”

“Are you going to propose to Bella? Am I not speaking English, Whip?” Alice giggled.

“Isn’t it a little soon?” I squeaked. “I mean, how long have you Jasper been together? You just got engaged a few months ago.”

“We’re different. While Jasper is my soul mate, we needed to take it slower in the commitment realm of our relationship. It started very casually and morphed to what you see today. Even now, we’re pretty casual when it comes to our relationship. How many times have I kissed you?” Alice asked, arching a brow.

“This is true,” I said as I crossed my arms over my bare chest. “Yet, you’re getting married. When are you getting married?”

“Who’s to say that we already aren’t married?” Alice suggested with a waggle of her brows.

“Wait, what?” I squeaked.
“Later, Whip,” Alice chirped as she danced out of my bedroom, tossing my shirt at my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment