Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Figure Eight Teaser


. I was heading down to the locker room when my phone rang. I pulled it out of my jacket pocket and saw that it was a Seattle number. I didn’t recognize it.  Bella gave me a look of confusion. I shrugged as I picked it up, “Hello?”

“Mr. Edward Masen?” came a female voice.

“Speaking,” I replied.

“This is Dr. Siobhan McNamara, Dean of Admissions from the University of Washington Medical School,” she explained. “Do you have a moment?”

“Of course,” I squeaked as I sat down on the floor. “What can I help you with Dr. McNamara?”

“I received your application for admission to our medical school,” she began. “Your letters of recommendation, GPA from Northwestern and MCAT scores are amazing, Mr. Masen.”

“Thank you,” I said. But…

“We’d like to offer admission to the medical school. However, it will have to begin next fall. We do not offer admittance halfway through the year,” she explained. “I know you are an older student. We’d work with you to get you fast tracked through the program, getting internships and whatnot.”

“But, I got in?” I asked.

“Correct. However, you’d start next August,” she said. “Congratulations, Mr. Masen. I look forward to seeing your smiling face in gross anatomy.”

“I’m counting the minutes, Dr. McNamara,” I smiled. “Thank you for this wonderful news.”

“You’re welcome, Mr. Masen. Have a great day,” she said. I hung up the phone and stared at it like it was going to implode.

“Edward?” Bella asked, putting her hand on my arm.

“I got in,” I smiled.
“To UDub Medical School?” she squeaked. I nodded dumbly, still staring at my phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment