Thursday, November 17, 2011

The Geek's Guide to Parenthood Teaser


“Well, she won’t hold or do anything with Kyra. She’s avoiding Rose at all costs and she’s not even really eating or taking care of herself,” Jasper mumbled. “I have practically drag her out of bed each morning to go to work. She’s been seeing a counselor and it’s helping, slightly. But, I miss my Alice.”

“I’ll try to talk to her this weekend,” I said as I patted Jasper’s shoulder. “I miss my sister. She’s a shell of her who she used to be, Jas. Something needs to give.”

“Well, we’ll come back to that problem. Let’s go to your problem, Dem,” Jasper said amiably. “Edward told me about what happened with you and that’s a load of crap.”

“Heaping, steaming pile of shit,” I added.

“And it’s runny,” Jasper quipped.

“That’s foul, Jasmine,” I said, shooting him a look.

“Too far?”

“Yep.”

“Enough with the goofy routine,” Demetri said exasperatingly. “I was canned. We know this.”

Jasper and I shared a look and then stared at my brother, “Work for us.”

“Holy fuck,” Demetri snorted. “That was scary. What would I do? I am NOT technicologically savvy like you guys.”

“Edward is constantly banging his head against the wall with payroll. He does a phenomenal job, but if we have someone with a finance background, it would be so much more smoother,” Jasper said. “Essentially, you’d be the Chief Financial Officer of Whitlock Technologies.”

No comments:

Post a Comment