Saturday, November 12, 2011

Figure Eight Teaser


EPOV

“Open  your gift, love.”

She gave me a timid grin as she pulled out the box from the blue bag. With shaking fingers, she removed the white ribbon from the box and placed it on the table. She shook the box and the small wooden box inside slid out. Now it was my time to feel the nerves. My palms were sweating and I was trembling slightly. With a sweet smile, she cracked open the lid of the jewelry box. “Oh, Edward…” she breathed. “It’s…”

“A promise,” I murmured.

“A promise?”

“I know we’ve been together for a short time, a few months. But, I know that you’re it for me, Bella. I want to see you in a white dress walking down the aisle to me, becoming my wife. This ring,” I said as I took it out the box, sliding it onto her left ring finger, “is my promise that I will be yours in every way. As your best friend, your lover, your husband, the father of our children and your soul mate.” I lifted her hand up to my lips and kissed her knuckle. “A perfect fit, baby.”

“Edward,” she whispered. “That is the…I can’t even express what I want to say…”

“You don’t have to say anything, Bella,” I murmured. “Just wearing this ring tells me what I want to know: that you want the same things with me.”

“I do, Edward. I love you and I want you to make love to me,” she whispered. “Please?”

My eyes filled with tears and I nodded. I picked her up and carried her to my bedroom, to make love to my future wife.

BPOV

Holy crap. We’re doing this. Edward is carrying me to his bedroom to make love to me. Am I ready for this?

Yes, chickadee. You’re ready.

He gently laid me down on the bed and kissed my forehead. “Just give me a second, love,” he whispered. “I want this to be perfect for you.”

“It already is,” I replied, looking up at him through my lashes. He blushed and caressed my cheek. Unfortunately, he stepped away and lit some candles in his bedroom, bathing the room in a soft, flickering glow. After he lit the final candle, Edward turned to me and gave me my favorite smile: his adorable lopsided smirk. I replied in kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment