Monday, October 17, 2011

Figure Eight Teaser

 Figure Eight Teaser...

We pulled up to the restaurant and were seated immediately in the back of the dining room. The owner, Joe, came over and offered us the best wine. He also said that our meals were paid for, courtesy of the foundation and the founder. We ordered our meals and talked about our performances. Charlie was shocked at how well we skated. I mean truly shocked.

“I’ve never seen you perform so well, Bells,” Charlie said as he sipped his wine. “You and Edward were so graceful and beautiful on the ice. It was like you were skating your feelings for each other. Even with the Fever routine, which was totally kitsch. You still had this respect and adoration that was portrayed in your movements.”

“Okay, who are you and what have you done with my father?” Bella asked, arching a perfectly sculpted brow.

“What? It’s true,” Charlie said.

“I agree with your father, Bella. Your connection with Edward is nothing short of remarkable. It’s like you’ve been skating together for years and not for a few months,” Carlisle said.

“It’s like we share a brain,” I said. That garnered a few chuckles at the table. “Laugh all you want, but I’ve never felt this connected with a partner before. I don’t know if it’s because we’re a couple in addition to being partners…”

“No, it’s more than that,” Bella said as she laid her hand on my thigh. “Yes, our relationship off the ice helps with the trust factor, but it’s our skating styles. They blend well together and we can anticipate what the other is doing.”

“I think it’s because you love each other,” Charlie said, his brown eyes crinkling with amusement.

“Dad!” Bella crowed, blushing a deep crimson.

“Bells, I can see by the way you look at each other,” Charlie said. “A blind man could see the love radiating off of you two.”

“It’s true,” Alice said, with a wink. “And nauseating.”

“We are not nauseating, brat,” Bella snarled playfully. “You and Jasper are more gag-worthy than Edward and me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment