Wednesday, September 28, 2011

La Cantante Teaser


I fell to the floor of the room, clutching my mother’s letter to my chest. “God, I want her here,” I moaned. I buried my head in my knees and sobbed. I didn’t hear the door open but I felt someone sit next to me. Two arms wrapped my body and I sobbed into the mystery person.

 It was Emmett. I recognized him from his cologne.  He didn’t give me any shit for crying like a pansy-ass baby. He just let me fall apart. “Edward, I know it sucks,” Emmett said quietly. “But your mom is here. She’s everywhere. She’s making the sun shine. The wind blow. The flowers bloom. I know it’s horrible. I can’t imagine what you’re feeling right now, but your mom’s here.”

“How did you become such a fucking romantic?” I asked as I pulled away.

“I learned from my sister,” Emmett said as he sat facing me.

“Is your mom coming?”

“No. She’s too fucking jealous,” Emmet spat. “Who does that to their own daughter? Suffice it to say, she’s not getting an invite to me and Rose’s wedding.”

“Is Bella okay?” I asked.

“I don’t know. She was pissed before but maybe she’s upset?” Emmett shrugged.

“Do some recon for me,” I said. I got up from the floor and adjusted my tuxedo. I nodded for Emmett to follow me and handed him a gift bag. “This is Bella’s wedding present. I was going to have my mom give it to her, but I forgot that I didn’t have a card. So, bring it to her and let me know how she is. Please?”

“Got it, Eddie,” Emmett said as he took the bag from me. He skipped across the yard to my house. I watched as he slipped inside. I sat down and idly played with my cell phone. A half hour later, Emmett came back. His eyes were teary but he had a soft smile on his face.

“Are you okay?”

“Yeah, I’m fine. So is Isabelly,” Emmett answered. “She was a little pissed about the maternal unit, but she’s not letting it get to her. And fuck me, Edward. That jewelry was fucking sick!”

“It was my mother’s,” I said. “My dad got it for her for their wedding day. He brought it when he flew in.”

“Are those real stones?” he squeaked.

“Yep. I want to say that the jewelry is worth about a hundred grand?” I said.

“Fuuuuuuuuuuck,” Emmett groaned. “Rose is going to expect that.”

“No, she won’t,” I said. “Rose will love you regardless of what you get her on your wedding day.”

“Okay,” he said. “Speaking of wedding days, let’s get you hitched!”

“Sweeeeeeet!” I said with a fist pump.

No comments:

Post a Comment