Sunday, September 11, 2011

The Geek's Guide to Parenthood: UPDATE!

Godparents

I was holding my daughter. My perfect and beautiful daughter. Her angelic face was soft and adorable. Her reddish brown curls were sticking up every which way, making her look like her daddy. Her golden brown eyes were expressive and wise. "I love you, principessa," I murmured as I stared at her.

Edward was asleep on the cot. His quiet snores were filling the room as I held my baby girl. I just finished feeding her and I was just looking at her. I was still in complete shock that I finally had my baby in my arms. I was also anxious to get home. Or rather, out of the damn hospital. But I'd stay here forever as long as I got to keep my baby. My perfect baby.

The last month of pregnancy royally sucked. I felt like total crap because of the medication that I was given to keep my blood pressure low. It was like I was underwater the entire time I was on it. My stomach was in knots and my head was pounding. Edward never left my side while I was in the hospital, though. He did his work on his laptop and slept on the cot. He tried to make my stay in the hospital comfortable. No matter what he did, it didn't really help. It was sweet of him to try, but nothing could change the fact that I was stuck in a hospital bed with nasty meds flowing through my blood.

I turned to Edward who was shifting in the cot. He looked so uncomfortable. He was bigger than the cot by several inches and his feet hung over the edge. I felt so badly for him. He should have been able to sleep in his own bed. Not on a cot that was too small for him. But, I needed him. Especially now. I could move around. It was incredibly painful. My incision from my C-section was hurting me. I couldn't exactly pick up Kyra very easily while I was still in bed. Edward had to put her back in her crib.

"Edward?" I called out quietly.

"Hmmm," he mumbled as he looked over to me.

"I need your help," I said with a frown.

He got up and ran his hands through his hair. He was sporting a few day old beard and I missed his chiseled jaw. He walked to bed and sat down on the edge. "Did you get her out of the crib?" he asked in a groggy voice.

"I did. I just can't get up with her," I replied. "I don't trust myself. I hate to wake you…"

"Bella, it's okay," he said, looking at me with his gorgeous eyes. "You two are my world. I will always drop everything I'm doing for you. Both of you." He gathered Kyra in his arms. She looked so tiny next to his body. Edward wasn't a large man weight-wise but he had large hands. He could legitimately hold our daughter in one hand easily.


No comments:

Post a Comment