Sunday, September 18, 2011

Figure Eight Teaser


We walked toward the back of the store to the checkout counter. I waved down a sales person and explained that I needed to pay and arrange for delivery of my furniture. The blonde-haired woman tittered and led me to a register. All the while, I was holding Bella’s hand. The woman, Kat, was overtly flirting with me and tried to slip her phone number to me. I wrapped my arm around Bella’s waist, trying to indicate that I wasn’t on the market. Even Bella was getting pissed off at Kat. Her face was a bright red and she was gripping to my coat.

I arranged for the delivery and we high-tailed it out of the store. The way that Kat was ‘eyefucking’ me, I seriously wanted to shower. Bella was gripping the steering wheel tightly and her mouth was pressed into a grim line. “Bella? Are you okay?”

“Peachy,” she answered in a clipped tone.

“Bell,” I said as caressed her cheek. She relaxed slightly and looked at me. Her eyes were sad. “Is this about the sales person?”

“Sort of,” she shrugged. “I know that I have no claim to you, but you were obviously there with me and she was still flirting.”

“Bell, you have claimed me. I think I was yours from the moment I skated with you at my audition,” I said quietly. “Technically we haven’t been on a date but we’ve shared two amazing kisses and I’ve cuddled with you last night. In my mind, I’m with you. And not as your partner.”

“You mean like you’re my boyfriend?” she asked, her eyes brimming with tears.

“If you’ll have me,” I said. “And you don’t have to ask for kisses. I’ll give them to you willingly. I’ll also gladly accept them.”

No comments:

Post a Comment