Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Figure Eight Teaser


 “So,” I smiled. “Let’s get to know each other. Twenty questions?”

“Okay,” she said. “I’ll go first. Where were you born?”

“Chicago, Illinois.”

“I was born in a little town called Forks about four hours from here,” Bella said. “You blinked and you missed it.”

“Favorite subject in school?” I asked.

“English. I love reading. When I’m not on the ice, I have a book in my hands. You?”

“Music followed by science. I’ve always loved the relaxing sounds of jazz and classical music. However, I also had an affinity for biology and medicine.”

“Wow. Did you go to college?”

“I did. Northwestern University in Evanston. Tanya hated that I took time off to get my degree, but it was important to me,” I replied. “How about you?”

“I went to University of Washington. I graduated in two years with a degree in literature,” she blushed.

“Two years? Wow. You must be really smart,” I complimented.

“No. I don’t really have that much of a life,” she admitted. “My roommate says that I’m too focused on my skating that I don’t know how to have fun.”

“What do you like to do for fun?” I asked.

“Read, skate, sleep. And repeat,” she giggled.

“Bella, that’s boring,” I said. “I know that we’ve just met, but I’m taking you out someplace fun each week.”

“You don’t have to,” she said, her eyes widening in panic.

“Yes, I do. How else am I going to learn about Seattle? You can be my tour guide,” I said with a smirk. She bit her lip and sipped her water, averting her gaze from mine

No comments:

Post a Comment