Saturday, August 20, 2011

The Geek's Guide To Parenthood - Update!

Deal with the Devil...erm, Alice

What crack was I smoking when I said that Alice could throw me a baby shower? Seriously?
She is a woman possessed. Every fifteen minutes, she's calling me. Or texting me. Or emailing me with ideas for the pink ladybug baby shower. Did I want this cake or the other? Do I want to have it at my house or at the country club near Esme's home? Should we invite Alex?

I was ready to jump out the window of my office.

Let's not do that. Edward might be sad.

"Bella?"

I turned and saw my boss, Tia. She was leaning against my door frame with a wide grin on her face. "Hey, Tia. what's up?"

"Two things. Number one, can you fly out to Phoenix for a meeting with Jane? She has some things she needs to discuss with you specifically. Some of your authors are demanding that you continue being their editor and are not believing Jane that you moved. So, she's set up a meeting with them," Tia said.

"When?" I asked.

"Next week," Tia explained "You'd leave on Monday and be back on Wednesday. It'll be the last trip I'll send you on before the baby's due. And you can bring your body guard or Edward with you if you feel more comfortable."

"Thanks," I smiled. "Anything else?"

"Will you be a bridesmaid at my wedding?" Tia asked, her face blushing.

No comments:

Post a Comment