Saturday, August 20, 2011

The Geek's Guide To Parenthood - Teaser: Chapter Two


Edward got out of the car and handed the keys to Johnny who was at the driver’s side door. Edward ran around to the passenger side and helped me out of my superbeast and we walked into the country club. Renee and Esme were already speaking with each other. Phil went straight for the food and Charlie was looking incredibly uncomfortable by the doorway.

“Charlie? I want to introduce you to a good friend of mine,” Esme said, a glint in her eyes.

“Is your mom trying to set up my dad with someone?” I hissed, grabbing his hand.

“I believe she is,” Edward snickered. “This is going to be interesting.” I nodded and giggled into Edward’s shoulder. He kissed my forehead.

“Charlie, this is my dear friend, Sue Clearwater,” Esme said to Charlie. An average sized woman with striking black hair and lightly tanned skin stood next to Esme. Her features were very exotic looking and she had a bright smile. “Her son, Seth, is a police officer in Evanston.”

“Nice to meet you, Charlie,” Sue said as she held out her hand.

Charlie just gaped at Sue. His mouth opening and closing like a cod. I wanted to run over to him and smack some sense into him. You don’t stare at beautiful women, Charlie. Come on!
Marcus must have read my mind as he elbowed Charlie. Charlie held out his hand and introduced himself. Esme and Marcus stayed near them for a few minutes and then let them get to know each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment