Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Geek's Guide To Parenthood - Teaser: Chapter One


“We probably should also discuss names, my love,” I said. “Do you have any ideas?”

“Edward or Edwina,” Bella quipped.

“Funny. We are not naming our child Edwina and my name is not all that great. Besides me, how many Edwards do you know?”

“Um, that hot vampire in those movies,” Bella said, her brown eyes sparkling.

“Oh lord,” I said as shook my head. “Seriously, Bella. Names?”

“We could do Anthony for a boy or Masen,” Bella suggested.

“Hmmm, eh,” I shrugged.

“Okay, Mr. Smarty-pants. Give me some of your ideas,” Bella said.

“Matthew Phillip,” I offered. “Or Justin Michael.”

“Not bad, Cullen,” she smirked. “Anything else?”

“Declan was my great grandfather’s name on my mom’s side.”

“How girl’s names?” Bella asked. “We could squash our mother’s names together. Reneesme?”

“Do you want our child  to be tormented?” I snorted.

“Hmm, no. Good point. What’s Esme’s middle name?” Bella asked.

“Kyra,” I replied. “What about Renee?”

“Same as me, Marie,” Bella smiled. “It was my grandmother’s name.”

“How about Kyra Marie?” I said, arching my brow.

Bella couldn’t answer as Michelle breezed into room. She asked Bella a million and one questions. How was her sleeping? Strange cravings? I nearly fell out of the chair with that one. Bella pinched my bicep. Hard. I grimaced at her strength and glared at her, wishing I had my glasses on to give her a menacing stare. It was much more effective when I looked over my frames. However, that was now moot.

No comments:

Post a Comment