Wednesday, August 10, 2011

ANSOL Teaser: Chapter 41


“But enough drama for today,” Bella said. “Edward did great on the stand and I want to hear how you got the planet Mercury on your finger, Esme. Spill it!”

“Well, after your wedding, Marcus surprised me with a trip to Italy,” Esme said with a wide grin.

“I wanted to take her to see my home country. I love Tuscany in the winter time,” Marcus said as he kissed her temple. “So, we went to visit my brothers, Caius and Aro. We had a late Christmas with their families and children.”

“On New Year’s Eve, Aro’s family hosted a huge event at his palatial home in Capri. It was so elegant and unreal,” Esme gushed. “Around midnight, Marcus took me out onto the veranda. The trees were lit up with twinkle lights and the sky was perfectly clear. It was so romantic.”

“I took my Esme in my arms and kissed her as the clock ticked down to midnight,” Marcus said with a radiant grin. “I took a page from your book, Edward. I proposed in Italian.”

“What did you say?” Alice and Bella asked, their eyes wide with joy.

Lei mi ha restituito alla vita, il mio Esme. Il mio cuore è ora intero. Ti amo con tutto il mio cuore e vuole spendere il riposo dei miei giorni con lei. Mi sposa?” Marcus said smoothly.

“I had no idea what he said. But I did recognize ‘Ti amo’ from your tattoo, Edward,” Esme blushed. “I know that means ‘I love you.’”

“What did you say?” Jasper asked. “In English, I mean.”

“Roughly translated, I said that Esme brought me back to life. My heart is whole and that I loved with all of my heart. I want to spend the rest of my life with her. And finally I asked ‘Marry me?’” Marcus said.

“Obviously I said yes,” Esme gushed.

“Did you get down on one knee?” Jasper smirked.

“Ah, no. My knees are too old for that,” Marcus snickered.

No comments:

Post a Comment