Thursday, July 28, 2011

ANSOL Teaser: Chapter 35


Bella slapped my butt as I carried her to the window. I put her down and turned her around. Once she did, her eyes grew as wide as saucers. “Snow?”

“Yep,” I said as I wrapped my arms around her waist. “Surprise!”

“I’ve never seen snow,” she mused.

“Really?”

“No. Never built a snowman. Never had a snowball fight,” Bella said as she cuddled against my chest. “It’s so pretty.”

“Pretty to look at. But sucky to drive in. I may need to give you driving lessons in the snow. It’s tricky,” I said. “Oh, and Happy Thanksgiving, gorgeous.”

“Happy Thanksgiving, Edward. I have so much to be thankful for,” Bella said. She turned in my arms and kissed my lips sweetly.

“You better not be fucking in there,” Alice screamed through the door. “We have a lot of food to cook. Tables to set. Turkeys to eat.”

“That is not one of them,” Bella said dryly. “Why did we give her a key?”

“Easily rectified,” I said. I stalked to the door and opened it up. Alice was standing. “Key. Give me your key.”

“Why?” Alice whined.

“Because you’re a colossal pain in my ass,” I said. Alice stuck out her tongue and ran down the stairs. I took off after her and scooped her up. I opened up the back door and threw her into a snow bank.

“Edward! You suck! Big time!” Alice grumbled. She picked up a handful of snow and starting chucking snowballs at me. I retaliated. We were both laughing like two year olds, but having such a good time.

“Oh, my children,” Esme said as she leaned against the door. “Edward, you’re turning blue.”

No comments:

Post a Comment