Monday, August 7, 2023

May We Meet Again Teaser

 "Hey, Bells," Lauren smiled from her spot in the command center. "How are things?"

I walked over to her, sitting down and scrubbing my face. "Stressed, to be honest. Did you hear about the visitor who appeared like a forest fairy from the Drop Ship?"

"There was a hubbub about someone arriving, but not who," Lauren said, her smile falling. "Where they injured?"

"Yeah, but I can't really say much since I want to protect their privacy," I explained. "Long story short, things are not okay at the Drop Ship."

"I can imagine," Lauren sighed. "The Drop Ship had some tech, but not a lot. Plus, the people who remained back there were not the smartest tools in the shed, especially with Jacob as their leader. He doesn't seem like a planner like you and Edward. If it weren't for you two, we'd be a mess and still be searching for this installation. You know?"

"Thank you, Lauren," I said. "I don't know how much I needed to hear that. There are moments where I feel like I have no clue what I'm doing."

"I beg to differ. You got us here," she began, ticking off the positives. "You set up a working government and an amazing community in the mountain. We don't feel like prisoners from the Sky Box. We feel like a family. Plus? You've got an amazing partner with Edward. He clearly adores you. He'd give everything to protect you. Hell, it was because of him that we're down here."

"I'm grateful for Edward … in more ways than one," I whispered, sitting down next to her. "He was a friend when I needed a friend. He gave me human contact when I felt isolated from the world. And, now? He's my best friend and so much more … I can't imagine not loving him."

"Wait, you love him?" Lauren asked.

"Very much so," I blushed. "The way I told him wasn't the most romantic, but it worked for us."

No comments:

Post a Comment