Friday, July 14, 2023

May We Meet Again Update

MWMA Ch. 13 on FFn

MWMA Ch. 13 on AO3

MWMA Ch. 13 on Stars

MWMA Ch. 13 on Wattpad


“A minute, Chancellor,” Sinclair replied. “And, sir? In peace may you leave the shore …”

“In love may you find the next,” added Esme.

“Safe passage on your travels,” said Alec.

“Until our final journey to the ground,” cried Carlisle. “I shall miss you, brother.”

“May we meet again,” Renee sniffled. “And, we will meet again, Charlie. I love you.”

“I love you, too, Ren,” I choked out, pressing the buttons to release the Ark. “May we meet again.” I disconnected the call and released the Ark from the central ring. The station vibrated with the power of the thrusters. I fell onto my ass, groaning as my injury barked. I monitored its departure, breathing deeply as it cleared the central ring. Scrambling up, I walked to the window as I watched what remained of the Ark descended into the atmosphere. Pressing my hand to the window, I repeated brokenly, “May we meet again.”

“Dad?”

I blinked my eyes, trying to reconcile the fact that my daughter was standing before me. She wore a doctor’s coat and a warm smile, reminding me of her mother, but a younger version. You’re losing your shit, Swan. Bella is on the ground. She’s not on the Ark.

“You’re not losing it, Dad,” Bella snorted. “I’m here. In a sense.” I walked over to her, reaching out to touch her, but her form evaporated like a puff of smoke. She reappeared the same way, but standing further away. “I’m in your mind, Dad. I’m just … I’m here to help you. This is not your end.”

“But, baby girl, I deserve this fate,” I argued. “I hurt you. I hurt your mother. Let me do this one last thing. This is my penance. My choices broke our family.”

“The Ark broke our family. It was overcrowded, overwrought and overused. All in all, the time of the Ark is in the past. Our time on the ground is our future. Now, I’m going to help you join your family so the real Bella can actually forgive you. She might be a hard nut to crack … In time, though, she will forgive you.”

“Ain’t that the truth?” I huffed. “My daughter is more stubborn than me.”

“And, she’s far more brilliant,” dream Bella smirked. “That’s why your brain conjured me and not, let’s say Carlisle or your wife. I can help you get out of this pickle. Have you ever had a pickle? I’ve heard they’re delicious and I want to try one.”



No comments:

Post a Comment