Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Worth the Fight Teaser

Bella was working on pay roll. Or rather, she was trying to work on pay roll. Her head was throbbing, and the numbers were swirling on the computer screen. With a huff, she closed the computer and pressed her fingers to her temples, trying to massage the pain in her head away.

Life royally sucked donkey balls at the moment. The largest, most disgusting, and smelly pair of donkey balls.

No, wait … life sucked Jacob balls. They were the most disgusting thing she could imagine. And, hygiene was not high on Jacob’s list of priorities.

Again, it goes to show … what the fuck were you thinking in being with him for so long? Real smart, Isabella Marie. Were you really desperate for love and affection?

“Little Bell, what did the computer do to you?” Charlie asked from the door jamb.

“It’s not the computer. It’s my head,” she grumped. Turning she faced him, displaying her goose egg. “I should be wrapped in bubble wrap.”

“What happened?” Charlie asked, crouching down in front of her, gently pressing around the bruise.  

“I was a little looped from the pain killers when I went to the bathroom. I got tangled with my crutches, clocking my head on the corner of the counter,” she said. “It was bleeding like a bitch. Edward put some steri-strips on it. Alice put on the gauze pad after she washed my hair. She was squicked out, seeing the bruise.” She pressed her fingers to the gauze. “I was squicked out, too, to be honest.”

“Let me check,” Charlie murmured, removing the bandage. He concentrated as he gently probed the bruise. “Masen did a good job. You should let it breathe.”

“I don’t want to see it, Dad,” Bella huffed. “Bandage back on.”






No comments:

Post a Comment