Saturday, December 18, 2021

Blockbuster Teaser

 I rubbed my chest as I stared out the window of the airplane. My heart was shattering, knowing that I left Bella in San Francisco. I wanted to be next to her. I needed to have her by my side. Now that I’d been with her, being away from her broke my heart.

“We’re making our final approach to Los Angeles Airport where the temperature is …”

I sighed, stuffing my phone into my carryon bag, and clicked up my tray table. I finished my gin and tonic as the earth got closer. I sighed as the plane landed smoothly, slowing down and taxiing to the gate. After the fight attendants made a few announcements, the door was opened, and I followed the herd of humanity out of the plane. I tugged out my cell phone, dialing Bella.

“Hello?” she answered.

“I’m back in Los Angeles,” I replied glumly. “I’m tempted to get on the next flight to San Francisco.”

“As much as I’d love that, you have a job to do, Edward. I love you and we’ll see each other soon,” she cooed.

“I love you so much, gorgeous,” I whispered, leaning against a wall, and rubbed chest. “Where are you?”

“I’m at the publishing house, working on some publicity for my latest novel along with finalizing travel plans for the book conventions I’m attending this year,” Bella answered. “Once I’m done with that, I’m going to work my latest book. I hope I can finish it by the end of the week. Fingers are crossed.”

“Keeping yourself busy?” I asked.

“Yeah,” she chuckled humorlessly. “Have you spoken to your sister?”

“I’m calling her next,” I answered, wrinkling my nose. I was more than willing to get a car, but my sister all but insisted that she pick me from the airport. “Can we Skype tonight?”

“Rose and Emmett are adamant that I spend time with them tonight since it’s been so long,” Bella quipped. “So, we’re having a family meal with them, along with Jasper and Caius. We can have a Skype date tomorrow. Okay?”

“Ugh, fine,” I sighed, rolling my eyes as I pushed off the wall. “I love you, gorgeous.”

“I love you, too,” she whispered. “I miss you so much.”

“I miss you more,” I breathed. “If you want, call me when you get home from dinner. I’ll be unpacking, doing laundry, and pining over your absence.”

“We’re pathetic,” she laughed. “Have fun with Alice and I’ll talk to you tonight before bed.”

I ended the call, slipping my messenger bag over my head and checked my messages. There were a few texts from Alec, Elliott, and my parents. I found a message from Alice, reading it as I walked through the airport. I’m at baggage claim. I’ve missed you, Little Brother ~ Ali

I tapped out a response. I’m heading to the baggage claim now. See you in a bit, Alice ~ Edward




No comments:

Post a Comment