Wednesday, June 10, 2020

A Ilha Do Amor Repost

Happy Birthday, Mr. Cullen! AIDA Chapter 10 on FFn


“Alice, I need your help,” I said as I sat down next to her by the pool. She was hiding behind a pair of obnoxiously large sunglasses.

“With what?” she asked, smiling crookedly. “And why should I help you? You ruined my Alexander McQueen shorts.”

“Because you love me,” I said, batting my eyelashes at her. “And you want to make your brother happy.”

“Aw, hell,” she grumbled. “You go and pull the brother card.”

“Alice, it’s his birthday tomorrow and I want to make it special. He told me yesterday that he didn’t really have anything to live for and he never celebrated his birthday. So, I want to make it extra special to prove to him that he’s got so much to live for and enjoy,” I said fervently.

“Put a bow around your body and call it a day,” Alice snickered. I smacked her. “OW! Bitch, hitting me is not going to get me to help you.”

“I’m pretty certain that Edward doesn’t want me objectifying myself for his birthday,” I said flatly. “He planned this incredibly romantic date for us in Rio and I want to do the same here on Isle Esme.”

“What have you got so far?” Alice asked as she pushed her sunglasses up.

“Um, nothing?” I giggled.  “I’d love to spend the day with him and spoil him rotten. Mr. Workaholic is working…”

Alice held up her finger and pulled out her phone. Pressing a button, she placed the phone on her knee. “Hello?”

“Hi, Mom,” Alice said. “You know tomorrow’s Edward’s birthday.”

“Yes, dear. I definitely know this. I went through twenty-two hours of labor with him,” Esme quipped. “He was such a difficult baby to push out.”

“Ugh, Mom,” Alice snorted, wrinkling her nose. “Anyhow, Bella wants to do something special for him.”

“Really?” Esme asked her smile evident.

“I do, Mrs. Cullen,” I said into the phone. “But he’s working…”

“Nonsense,” Esme said. “He’s off tomorrow, even if I have to drag him from that office by his hair. My middle son is such a hard worker and he deserves some time off. And didn’t I ask you to call me Esme, Bella?”

“Sorry,” I chuckled.

“You know what? I’ll call you back,” Esme said as she hung up. Alice and I looked at each other, confused by her mom’s reaction. Then, Alice let out a tinkling laugh.

“What?” I asked.

“I bet my mom is forcing Edward to take a vacation,” Alice snickered. “Ever since he graduated college, he’s never taken any time off. Now, it’s time for him to relax and enjoy time with his girlfriend. I also know that he’ll fight her tooth and nail. Edward’s a workaholic.” Alice’s phone rang and she picked it up. “Yeah?”

“Edward’s spitting nails but he’s off for the remainder of Bella’s stay at Isle Esme. Your father is going to step in as business manager until Edward is done with his vacation,” Esme said. “He’ll finish out today but is off for the rest of the time that you’re there, Bella.”

No comments:

Post a Comment