Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Picking Up The Pieces Update

Picking Up The Pieces Chapter 19 on FicPad

Picking Up The Pieces Chapter 19 on FFn

Picking Up The Pieces Chapter 19 on AO3

Picking Up The Pieces Chapter 19 on Stars

Picking Up The Pieces Chapter 19 on Wattpad


After answering phone calls, congratulating us, from both of our parents, friends and family, we finally sat down to eat a late dinner. Edward had ordered food from Tuscany since he didn’t want to ‘destroy our kitchen on his first night.’ We ate a delicious meal in the new gazebo. Grace dominated the conversation, rambling on about our wedding and how she wanted to wear a princess dress with a tiara and high-heeled shoes.

“Gracie, you’re turning seven in a few weeks,” I snickered. “You’ll wear flats. Don’t try to grow up too quickly.”

“It’s a trap,” Edward nodded. I looked at him, smiling softly. I was about to say that, and he just winked at me, his eyes shimmering under the twinkle lights. He reached over, picking up my left hand. He gently kissed my knuckles, just above the massive engagement ring that sat on my finger.

“Momma, Daddy? When are you going to get married?” Grace asked as she nibbled on her chocolate cake. “Soon, I hope.”

“It’s something that we need to talk about, munchkin,” I replied.

“We as in all of us?” Grace giggled.

“We as in Edward and me,” I sighed, ruffling her curled hair. “Now, tell me, how did all of this come to be? New gazebo? Twinkle lights?”

“The gazebo was a present from your dad, my dad, Emmett, Jasper and Eric,” Edward replied. “The parts were preassembled, but the five of us put it together shortly after you left with Rose and Mom. The lights, John and I had fun hanging them while Grace turned fashionista, picking out our clothes for the evening.”

“Daddy has a lot of really nice suits! Did you know he worked for the FBI?” Grace squealed.

“I did, baby girl,” I chuckled.

“Do you miss it?” John asked, looking at Edward.

“At times, yes,” Edward answered honestly. “It was an amazing experience. I learned a lot, but it forced me to be away from my family. You, Grace, your momma, my momma, they’re far more important than my job. I’d rather be with you guys then in Washington D.C.”

“You lived in Washington D.C.?” John whispered. “Did you like that?”

“I did like it. I lived in Alexandria, in a condo, but it was cool to work in the nation’s capital. I’d met the president a couple of times, plus a few members of congress,” Edward said.

“When did you meet the president?” Grace asked, scrambling off her seat and onto Edward’s lap. “Was he cool?”

“I’d met him early in my career. It was also early in the president’s career, too,” Edward chuckled. “He’d just been elected and the task force I was working on had made a huge turn in a major case. We were recognized by the president for our hard work.”

“Do you have a picture?” I asked.

“Somewhere in my boxes,” he chuckled. “We can’t post them since a couple of the guys are undercover. We can’t have their covers blown. In fact, I didn’t even have a Facebook account until a few years ago. Even now, it’s pretty hard to find me on there, too.”

“I only was able to add you when Emmett friended me. I could search for your name, but couldn’t friend you unless we had mutual friends,” I chuckled.

“Speaking of Facebook,” he beamed, taking out his phone. He tapped a few buttons and nodded triumphantly. “It’s Facebook official. We’re ‘engaged’ according to the social media world.” I rolled my eyes. The kids whooped, dancing around the table. “Apparently, they’re happy that Facebook knows about our engagement.”


Grace's present from Edward, a locket

John's present from Edward, a cuff



No comments:

Post a Comment