Saturday, October 14, 2017

Shaky Ground Update

I apologize for the delay in the update. When I got home from work yesterday, I was battling one hell of a migraine. In fact, it started almost four days ago and it's still going strong even four days later ... sigh ... Anyhow, here's the update! :-) 

Shaky Ground Chapter 33 on FicPad


Shaky Ground Chapter 33 on Stars


Shaky Ground Chapter 33 on AO3


Shaky Ground Chapter 33 on FFn


Shaky Ground Chapter 33 on Wattpad



Bella was sitting in a well-appointed office. Edward was downstairs getting the grand tour of the emergency room and being set up with his own well-appointed office. The door opened and an older gentleman, about the age of her father, came walking into the office. “Sorry to keep you waiting, Dr. Swan,” he said.

“It’s okay,” Bella replied. She began to stand up.

“Sit! Sit! I know you’re recuperating from a leg injury from the quake in Seattle,” he said. “I’m Dr. Oliver Daniels and I’m the head of pediatrics. It’s so nice to finally meet you. It’s nice to put a face with the name. I’ve heard nothing but wonderful things about you from your old boss, Dr. Volturi.”

Bella’s eyes widened. She never expected that. “Wow,” she whispered. “Um, I … with him dismissing me …”

“Is our gain,” Dr. Daniels chuckled. “Now, I know that you’re still working on rehabbing your leg.”

“Yes. I just met with Dr. Denali. He said six months, at the earliest, but I’m determined and I want to get back to work,” Bella said. “I miss it. I know I have to deal with my license being transferred, but I want to work here. In the PICU, if possible.”

“We have a pediatric emergency department, though. I heard about the phenomenal things you did at Harborview,” Dr. Daniels said.

“While that work was rewarding, it wasn’t nearly as challenging as the few shifts I covered in the PICU,” Bella answered. “Being able to build a relationship with the parents, the kids? That was so much more … I would rather focus my time in the PICU.”

“I understand,” Dr. Daniels smiled. “We’d have to have you start as a PICU fellow. It’s a different animal than the emergency room. But, I have no doubt that you’ll be one of the attending physicians soon.”

“That seems fair. More than fair,” Bella breathed. “And don’t get me wrong about the emergency room. I wouldn’t mind spending time down there, a few shifts, here and there, but I’d prefer the PICU.”

“Are you up for a tour of the facility?”

“Walking is a challenge right now,” Bella said, wrinkling her nose. “Plus, the rain is causing the bones to ache. I want to be able to walk and interact with the nurses, patients and families. I don’t want to be on crutches or in a wheelchair.”

“Fair enough,” he laughed. “Can I, at least, show you where your office will be?”

“I get my own office?”

Dr. Daniels nodded and helped Bella to her feet. They slowly walked down the hallway to a large office just outside of the PICU. He unlocked it and Bella stepped inside. It was just as large as his office, but with bright colors on the walls and deep cherry furniture. “Anything you don’t like, we can change.”

“No, it’s great,” Bella smiled. “I really want to start now.”

“Six months, Dr. Swan,” Dr. Daniels said. “Six months and you’ll be a part of our family.” He reached into his pocket and handed her an envelope. “Our official offer, including salary, insurance and tentative schedule, upon your return. Dr. Denali needs to clear you medically. I do look forward to working with you, Dr. Swan.”


























No comments:

Post a Comment