Friday, September 22, 2017

Shaky Ground Update

Shaky Ground Chapter 27 on FicPad

Shaky Ground Chapter 27 on Stars

Shaky Ground Chapter 27 on AO3

Shaky Ground Chapter 27 on FFn

Shaky Ground Chapter 27 on Wattpad

Bella stayed in ICU for another day before she was moved into a private room. She was tired, sore from her injuries from the earthquake and pissed off for Edward. He told her the entire story of his ex-fiancée. What a fucking slore! Bella threatened to shove scalpels up Tanya’s ass but Edward argued against it. Though, he had considered it when he was at his lowest, just after he’d been dumped by her royal bitchiness. They also talked about how he closed himself off from human interaction, specifically interaction with women because of what Tanya did to him.

Bitch … she’s got another thing coming!  

Bella didn’t blame him for his reasoning, but he was still hurt by Tanya and harbored a great deal of anger toward her. After some discussion, Edward agreed to go into counseling. He wanted to be the best man for Bella. She argued that he needed to be the best man for himself. Shortly after saying that, visiting hours were over. Edward kissed Bella goodbye with promises of bringing her a toothbrush and some of that Philosophy stuff she’d requested when he returned the following morning.

The next morning, Bella was moved to a private room. She also had the Foley catheter removed and she was able to move around, albeit clumsily, using the crutches to hobble to the bathroom. Bella also grumbled at how crappy she looked. Her hair was a tangled mess, covered in dust and shit from the rubble of Harborview. Her skin was very pale and she looked tired, but that was not shocking since sleep was at a premium. Every twenty minutes, it seemed, a nurse would check on her in the ICU.

After she’d been moved, Edward and Charlie came to her new room. Edward had a bag from a local department store. He took out a large container of the Philosophy Strawberries and Cream, toothbrush, toothpaste and fresh clothes, with some loose-fitting pants, some t-shirts and underwear. Charlie offered to help Bella shower, but she adamantly refused.

“Dad, no,” she said, her nose wrinkled. “I know you’re a doctor and the human body is no big deal to you, but you’re my dad. Nope. Not happening. Either Edward helps me or I get that mannish-looking nurse to assist me, but she’s flirted with me all morning. I’d rather Edward help my gimpy ass.”

“I’ll go check on your breakfast,” Charlie said, his face flaming. “And do you want anything to read or something?”

“That would be great, Dad,” Bella smiled. “Magazines or a book. Edward, can I borrow your phone for a second?” Edward unlocked it and she opened a web browser. She logged into Amazon, sending her father her wish list. “You have my wish list of what I want to read. Pick a few or twenty.”

“You were such a voracious reader, Bella,” Charlie snickered. “I’ll be back soon. Love you, baby girl.” He kissed her temple and left in a hurry.

“Are you sure you want me to help, Bella? We can get Nurse Ratchet,” Edward quipped.

“I do not want her leering eyes staring at my goodies. I felt violated when she removed the catheter,” Bella shuddered. “Besides, I miss your hands on me. It’ll be a while before we can get it on. I’m lugging around plaster for the foreseeable future.” She scowled at her leg. Edward snickered, taking out a marker. “Really, Edward? You’re going to sign my cast?”

“After your shower,” he smirked. “Do you want to try using the crutches?”

“I’ve already used them, but I need to get used to them,” Bella sighed, nodding and took the proffered crutches. Edward followed her and set up the stool in the shower. He covered her cast with a plastic sleeve and turned on the water. She sat down, taking off the hospital gown with a grumble. Bella was covered in bruises, some fading with others a deep purple. “Bella … the bruises …”

“I’m okay. They’re just bruises. The worst damage was my leg,” she said, blushing. “When I was moving Jake to the doctor’s lounge, I stumbled and these are the results. I bruise easily. I’m okay, Edward. I’m okay. I’m alive.”

He gulped, nodding slowly but his mind was racing, remembering the bodies and the death he’d seen. She took his hand, tugging on it and he knelt in front of her. “I’m sorry I wasn’t there,” he choked out.


“You’re here for me now,” she smiled, brushing his hair back and cupping his cheek. “Thank you, Edward.” He gave her a crooked grin. “Now, I’m feeling disgusting. Please, hose me off.”


No comments:

Post a Comment