Friday, August 18, 2017

Shaky Ground Update

Shaky Ground Chapter 17 on FicPad

Shaky Ground Chapter 17 on Stars

Shaky Ground Chapter 17 on AO3

Shaky Ground Chapter 17 on FFn

Shaky Ground Chapter 17 on Wattpad


Alice wandered down the emergency department. Bella was off today, but she was determined to find a few of her roommate’s coworkers for a party for Bella’s thirtieth birthday. Yes, it had been a week ago, but it was her thirtieth birthday. It was kind of a big deal and Bella ignored it.

Alice, however, would not.

“Alice Brandon, as I live and breathe,” cooed Shelly. “What are you doing down here?”

“I’m on a mission. A secret mission. I’m planning,” Alice snickered.

“Who’s birthday?” Shelly laughed.

“Bella’s,” Alice nodded. “I know it was last week, but she deserves more than what she got. So, I’m planning a surprise party at Game Works.”

“Oooh, when?” Shelly asked.

“Saturday night, meeting there for dinner at six and games until it closes. I’m off, as is Jasper, Emmett and Rosalie. Marcus Volturi and his husband, Felix, are coming, too,” Alice nodded.

“Damn it. I’m on,” Shelly grumbled. “Grace is off. She’s close with Bella.”

“Pass the word onto her, will ya?” Alice asked. “Oh, and is Dr. Masen here?”

“In his office,” Shelly smirked. She leaned forward, her brow arched. “I think he’s sweet on Bella.”

“Me, too,” Alice giggled. “But, I’m going to invite him. It’ll be up to him if he wants to come. I’ll give you the deets if he does show up. Laters!” Alice walked toward Dr. Masen’s office. The door was opened and she heard typing. Gently knocking, she poked her head inside. “Dr. Masen?”

“Yes?” he said, sounding exasperated. He blinked up, seeing Alice’s face. “Nurse Brandon, what a surprise to see you down here in the emergency department. Are you floating today?”

“Oh, no. I’m on break, but I wanted to talk to you. Well, invite you …” Alice blushed. He arched a brow. “Look, I know that you and Bella are kind of friendly-like. I’m throwing her a surprise party, even though her birthday was a week ago, but it was a milestone birthday. Anyhow, a bunch of us are going to Game Works. To celebrate, Bella’s birthday. It’s happening on Saturday and perhaps, if you’re not working, you’d like to go?”

Edward schooled his looks, trying to appear impassive. “I’m working on Saturday, but if I get off early enough, I could stop by. I don’t know,” he shrugged.

“What shift?” Alice asked.

“Seven to seven,” he answered.

“Send me a text if you’re coming,” Alice chirped, jotting down her number and putting it on Edward’s desk. “I’ll see you on Saturday?”



No comments:

Post a Comment