Saturday, July 8, 2017

Out of the Darkness Update

OOTD Chapter 26 on FicPad

OOTD Chapter 26 on Stars

OOTD Chapter 26 on AO3

OOTD Chapter 26 on FFn

OOTD Chapter 26 on Wattpad

“I’ve sent off resumes to over twenty districts all over the state of Washington,” I said, rolling my wrists. “Let’s hope that one of them gets a nibble.” Edward was staring off into space, his lips moving. “Edward? Did you hear me?”

He blinked back, looking at me. “Twenty districts, yes. I heard you,” he said, giving me a stiff smile.

“Okay, you’ve been weird since Alice disappeared,” I muttered. “What’s going on?”

“Alice didn’t disappear,” Edward argued.

“I have Seth working as my aide,” I replied. “Please, tell me. I’m freaking out. A lot.”

Edward sighed, scrubbing his face and walked over to me, sitting down on his couch. He moved my computer to the cocktail table and took my hands in his. He ran his thumbs over my knuckles and stared at our hands. “Your old boss, Rosalie? She disappeared,” he said.

“I thought she was committed,” I frowned.

“She was, but she was released to her boyfriend’s care. I worked for him prior to becoming a long-term sub. He was a good guy, but Rose’s hatred must have spilled into him. He disappeared, too,” Edward explained.

“Disappeared? I don’t understand.”

“Angels, Dominion Lordships, Arch Angels and God himself can sense humans, all humans,” Edward said. “With the exception of those who were corrupted by darkness. It would appear that Rosalie and Emmett were taken over. We believe that they’re becoming minions of Satan, preparing for whatever it is they want to do. Unfortunately, it’s all revolving around you.”

“I don’t get why I’m so important,” I said. “I’m nothing important.”

“I beg to differ,” Edward said, his eyes flashing. “You’re the most important person to me. You’re my mate, my other half. I’ve lived for a long fucking time, alone and in empty, useless relationships. What I feel for you is more than love. It’s everything. I can’t lose you. I won’t lose you. Don’t ever say that you’re not important, because you are.” He shot up and stomped to the window, his body stiff and angry.

Fucking low self-esteem. Why couldn’t I keep my mouth shut?

“It’s comments like that, Bella,” he said. “Satan feeds off them. I know that you’re dealing with your own issues, thanks to the assholes who broke your spirit, but Satan never managed to taint you. I need you to stay strong, Bella. Believe that you are worth so much. That you’re worthy of being loved, of loving in return.”

“Why can’t I use Seth and his memory wipe to erase my insecurities?” I grumbled.

“It doesn’t work that way,” Edward replied, turning around. “He can erase the short-term memory of humans, but things in the long-term memory can’t be trifled with. It would cause brain damage.”

“Then, heal me,” I said, shrugging.

No comments:

Post a Comment