Wednesday, June 21, 2017

The One That Got Away Update

I'm excited to share this surprise update ... the last real chapter for The One That Got Away. You will get your normal update on Friday, which will be an epilogue/futuretake snapshots. Then, on Monday, I'll start posting my newest story, Shaky Ground. 

I'll stop rambling and post the update.


TOTGA Chapter 83 on FicPad

TOTGA Chapter 83 on Stars

TOTGA Chapter 83 on AO3

TOTGA Chapter 83 on FFn

TOTGA Chapter 83 on Wattpad


Bella’s head was pounding and the kids were driving her crazy. She loved them unconditionally, but being cooped up with them for the past week because of shitty, rainy weather, was driving her up the fucking wall. It also didn’t help that Jane was breathing down her throat for a rough draft for her newest manuscript. On top of that, Edward was filling in for a coworker at the hospital and Bella was a ‘single’ parent. She only saw her husband when he dragged himself home after midnight, kissing her briefly before crashing to get up and do it again at six the following morning.

There was a loud thump and screaming. “Liam, you’re a jerk!” Lucy screamed.

“Oh, my GOD,” Bella grumbled, saving her work and closing her computer. She stomped up the stairs and saw Liam and Lucy rolling on the floor. “Both of you! Stop it! I don’t know what’s going on, but I think your grandparents can hear you screaming.”

“Lucy hit me,” Liam scowled, pushing his sister.

“Liam won’t let me watch what I want on the television,” Lucy retorted, picking up the television remote. “I’m bored, Momma. Can’t we go out?”

“It’s raining cats and dogs,” Bella said. “Plus, I have to do work on my newest novel. My boss is breathing down my neck.”

“All you ever do is work,” Liam hissed. “Why can’t you hang out with us?”

Bella pinched her nose and blew out a breath. “Liam, I want to, but as an adult, we need to do things. We have responsibilities. Nana and Poppa are out of town and Grandpa Charlie has to work, too.” She looked at her children, her sanity was hanging by a thread. “Lucy, you can’t hit your brother. Because you hit him, you won’t be watching television for a week. Go to your room and I’ll talk to you in a bit.”

“But, Momma,” Lucy whimpered, tears welling in her eyes.

“No, but Momma,” Bella snapped. “You hit your brother and violence is not tolerated. Period. Go to your room.” Lucy sobbed, running out of the play room. She turned to Liam, crossing her arms over her chest. “And you should be sharing with her, Liam.”

“She wanted to watch girly shows. They’re stupid,” Liam sneered. “I wanted to play Xbox and Lucy wouldn’t let me. Sometimes I wish I was an only child.”

“Excuse me?” Bella asked, her voice deadly calm. “Lucy is your sister and the only one you have. Did you say that to her?” Liam’s silence indicated he had. “I can’t believe you did that, Liam. Granted, hitting is never an answer, but neither is cruelty. You go to your room, too. You lost television privileges for a week, too. You also need to apologize to your sister, too.”

“Is she going to apologize to me?” Liam snapped. “She hit me.”

“And you wished her gone,” Bella yelled back. “I’m so angry at you, Liam. At both of you. Go to your room and we’ll talk more when I’ve calmed down.”

“I HATE YOU!” Liam screamed, running past Bella and into his room, slamming the door. Bella fell to the ground, her own tears pricking in her eyes. She took a few calming breaths, picking up her cell phone and sending Edward a text. I need you, at home. Tonight. I know you’re busy, but our children made some poor choices and I need you to back me up. Love you ~ Bella


No comments:

Post a Comment