Thursday, June 22, 2017

The Magic Within Teaser

“Thank you for your help. Both of you,” I said, trying to rustle up a smile. I got up, moving slowly into the room where I placed Bella. Closing the door, I used my powers and placed a wall of ice behind it. I removed my dress pants and I slid into bed, next to the almost comatose Bella. I pulled her onto my body, allowing her warmth to wash over me. But, for the first time I held her in my arms, that warmth did not give me solace.

The next morning, I woke up early. Bella was still asleep, but it wasn’t restful. I kissed her forehead and showered, putting on the borrowed clothes from Peter. As a human, he was bigger than me but they were clean and comfortable. I made my way down to the kitchen. Charlotte was already up, making breakfast. “My lord,” she said, nodding her head. “How did you sleep?”

“To be honest, not too well,” I said, sitting down. Charlotte placed a cup of coffee in front of me. “Thank you. I have a feeling I’m going to need it.”

“How is the pain in your shoulder?”

“It’s really stiff, but manageable,” I answered, sipping my coffee. Charlotte walked over to me, pressing her hand to my bicep. My normally cool skin felt even colder and then the stiffness dissipated. “Thank you.”

“You probably will need your mate to finish healing you,” Charlotte said.

“Where’s Peter?” I asked.

“He’s arranging transportation back to Seattle for you,” she answered. “You cannot fly back. With your injury and Bella’s anguish, it would be too much. Carmen is sending a jet.”

“A jet?” I laughed. “Is this my jet, or the jet belonging to all creatures.”

“Your jet,” Charlotte answered, chuckling. My eyes bugged out. “My lord, when you left, did you think to grab your ID? Bella’s?”

“I have my wallet,” I said, patting it in my pocket.

“But, Bella doesn’t. She would not be allowed to fly commercial. So, this is the best option,” Charlotte said, placing a plate of eggs, sausage and hash browns. “Please, enjoy breakfast. I’m going to check on your mate.”

“Charlotte, have you ever heard of this power? Blinking?” I asked.

“It’s rare, but very powerful,” Charlotte said. “You think where you want to go and your mind takes you there. If my memory serves, Renee, Bella’s mother also had that power, but she didn’t use it. Only in times of emergency. It requires a great deal of power and concentration.”

“Thank you for letting me know,” I smiled, worried about my mate. Charlotte nodded, leaving me in the kitchen. I finished my meal, doing the dishes. As I was drying them, Peter came back.

“My lord, you didn’t need to do the dishes,” Peter laughed.

“You opened up your home to me. I hate to be a horrible house guest,” I said. “And even though I’m supposedly royalty, in my mind, I’m still just Edward. I’m not a prince, or a leader, or anything …”

“But, you are,” Peter said. “I know it’s a challenge, this change. I knew your father and he was an amazing, wonderful man. He loved you so very much and we all grieved him. I’ve lived a long life. I’ve seen many fae get killed by Aro’s minions, even while magic was bound. And they were powerless to stop it. Now? We have the powers to end it, end Aro.”


Charlotte

Peter




















No comments:

Post a Comment