Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Married to the Mob Update

MOTM Chapter 8 on FicPad

MOTM Chapter 8 on Stars

MOTM Chapter 8 on AO3

MOTM Chapter 8 on FFn

MOTM Chapter 8 on Wattpad


“Damn it, Jake. I’m fine!” I said, pushing his hands away from my head. “I’m just jumpy. You didn’t get attacked and beaten to a bloody pulp.”

“I didn’t, but you almost passed out, Bella,” Jake argued as checked my head for lumps and bumps. Jasper was driving us back to the condo. I didn’t want to bother my uncle with my fears because he didn’t honestly know about what had happened to me. He just believed that I was in an accident, but not attacked.

“Bella, you should tell Edward,” Jasper said, shooting a look in the rear-view mirror. “I’ve learned that you should trust your instincts. You felt on edge and you faltered.”

“Agreed,” Jake nodded. “You were pale and stumbling. Please, tell Edward.”

I sighed, leaning back against the soft leather. We drove back to the condo. Inside, I went into our room and curled up on the bed, trying to figure out what to do. Should I tell Edward or not? I didn’t get much time to ruminate because Edward came into our room. He came to me, gathering me in his arms and holding me to his chest. “Are you okay?”

“Who told you?” I asked.

“Jasper did. Bella, I … I can’t lose you, cara,” he said, his voice cracking and he maneuvered us so we were barely apart. “You’re too important to me, Bella. I love you and …” He tightened his arms around me.

“I probably was overreacting, Edward,” I whispered. “You know, I’m still … with what happened …”
“I know, but you freaked out,” he said, cupping my chin and staring into my eyes. He brushed his lips against mine and held me closely, cradling my head against his chest. I whimpered. He stiffened. “What’s wrong?”

“Nothing,” I lied.

“Isabella,” he growled, his fingers running along my head and he felt a tender spot. “Nothing my ass …”

“Just bumped my head against the door jamb when I hyperventilated. Jake caught me before more damage could happen. I’m fine, Edward. Fine!” I snorted, pressing my cheek to his chest and sighing. He growled lowly, his hands moving to my waist and rubbed his fingers along my spine. “I overreacted, Edward. Plain and simple.”

“You learn in my line of work, there’s nothing about overreacting. You feel like someone is following you? They’re following you,” he said. “Please, please, make sure you’re always with someone and call me if …”

“I get it, Edward,” I whispered. He kissed my forehead. “I’m sorry.”

No comments:

Post a Comment