Sunday, June 4, 2017

Married to the Mob Teaser

“Why are we all taking separate limos?” I asked as we drove the hotel where the benefit was being held. “And who’s protecting us?”

“Jasper is technically working tonight, but Jacob is driving the limo for us,” Edward explained, his arm draped casually over my shoulders. “However, Jasper, since he’s family is going into the benefit as a guest, but he’s armed to the teeth.”

“And you?” I asked, arching a brow. He returned my look, crossing his leg and showing me an ankle harness. It had gun strapped just above his shoe. He also showed me another harness on his other leg which held a hunting knife. “Damn,” I laughed anxiously. “Do you think something would happen?”

“Unlikely,” he shrugged, covering his weapons and pulling me closer, his lips finding the spot behind my ear that made me swoon and melt against him. Whenever he kissed me there, I needed new damn panties. “You smell so good, dolce. Almost good enough to eat.” He picked up my hand and ran his thumb over the engagement ring on my finger. “Bella, dolce, I think you should be wary of Rose.”

“Believe me. I already am,” I snorted. “She was downright mean at the fitting. But, she did bring up something that raised some red flags for me. Who are the Denali sisters?”

“Three fucking mistakes,” Edward sighed, scrubbing his face. “Bella, I’m not going to lie to you and say that I was a monk. I wasn’t. Far from it. I never had relationships. Up until I met you, I saw relationships as weaknesses. Another way for someone to fuck with you. So, my history with women was to use them for one thing only. And it wasn’t for relationships. It was for fucking. Plain and simple.” He frowned, twining our fingers together. “You said it yourself. I’m a cold-hearted killer. I was a bastard. Fuck, I’m still a bastard.”

“Your parents are clearly still married and madly in love with each other,” I said, poking his side and trying to lighten the mood.

“You know what I mean,” he deadpanned, rolling his eyes. “However, since I’ve met you, I haven’t been with anyone. I don’t want to be with anyone but you.” He blushed and held me closer. “Cara, full disclosure, I’m clean. Alice performed a test and made sure that I was … that my past didn’t come back to kick me in the ass.”

“Alice told me,” I replied. “She told me after I asked about birth control. She put me on the shot and it’ll be effective in a couple of days. I want you, too, Edward.” He relaxed next to me and he cupped my chin, brushing his mouth over mine. He sighed, his forehead pressed to mine. “Will these Denali sisters be at the benefit?”

“Probably. Their father, Eleazar Denali, is an alderman and is considering running for mayor,” Edward explained. “They’re also distantly related to The Volturi Crime Syndicate.”

“Aren’t they your enemy?” I asked.

“Yeah, but Eleazar and his family are more aligned to our way of thinking than with the Volturi,” Edward murmured. “I know that Eleazar would probably love for me to be his son-in-law, but his daughters … they are … well, they’re sluts. They’ve been passed around so many times and I’m ashamed to be even be one of the men that they’ve slept with. Though, very little sleeping is involved.”

“I don’t need details,” I grumbled.


“Sorry,” he frowned. “I’ve made my mistakes and I vow to you, that I won’t repeat them. I’m loyal, almost to a fault. You have to trust me that I won’t hurt you. I lo-care for you tremendously. I don’t want to lose you.” I blushed, biting my lip. He chuckled, removing it with his thumb. “You’ll make yourself bleed, cara. And besides, I want to be the one who bites your lip.”



Alice's dress



Bella's Dress


Tuxward



Esme's Dress

Jasper

Rose's Dress

1 comment:

  1. Love the dresses. The guys look sexy!!! Looking forward to the next update.

    ReplyDelete