Wednesday, June 7, 2017

La Musica del Cuore Update

A day early ... I'm going to be out and about tomorrow ... so yay, for you!

LMDC Chapter 22 on FicPad

LMDC Chapter 22 on Stars

LMDC Chapter 22 on AO3

LMDC Chapter 22 on FFn

LMDC Chapter 22 on Wattpad


I caught Bella just before her head cracked against the counter. I cradled her against my body, looking at the scene around me. Emmett was sobbing uncontrollably, trying, fruitlessly, to call Rose. Nia and Ainsley tried to comfort him, but he was so angry and lost that he stormed out of the room. I heard loud booming sounds and the walls shook. Kellan ran out of the room. The booming stopped and more anguished screams.

“Edward, there’s an EMT here,” Jasper whispered, touching my shoulder. I looked down at Bella. She was still out, her face ghost white and her body shaking uncontrollably, even while unconscious. I nodded, worried for my wife. The female EMT checked Bella’s blood pressure and everything was normal. She just fainted, the emotions too much for her and her mind was protecting itself. The EMT asked if we wanted to take her to the hospital, but we needed to keep this on the down low. Kellan said no and waved some smelling salts under Bella’s nose. She stirred, whimpering before her eyes flying open.

“Rose …” she gasped, looking at me and sitting up abruptly.  

“I don’t know yet, beautiful,” I said, cradling her in my arms. She gripped my shirt, still trembling.

“We need to get out of here and we need to get in touch with Agent Torres,” Ryan growled. I scooped Bella in my arms and she cried against my shoulder. We wove through the underground passages until we reached the exit and we clambered into the waiting SUVs. We drove back to the hotel, huddling in our suite until Ryan came back with a local FBI agent, Agent Travis Goodman. He explained that Agent Torres was on the next flight out.

“Has anyone tried calling Barbie?” Alice asked, curled up against Kellan. We had given statements, showered and were waiting for Torres. “Rose must have known that with what happened between her and Emmett, that she wanted to separate herself from us. It sucks, but it’s the truth. She may have changed her cell phone number, canceled her old plan?”

Bella handed me her phone. She was still woozy and a little disconnected. “Call her,” she murmured. “She’s in the phone under ‘Barbie.’”

I unlocked her phone and found Barbie’s number. Dialing it, I held the phone to my ear. It rang several times before an exhausted voice responded. “’lo?” came the sleep-rumpled voice.

“Mrs. Hale?” I asked.

“Who is this?” she asked, her voice still raspy.

“My name is Edward Cullen,” I replied.

“Isabella’s husband?” she muttered, a coldness washing over me. This must be where Rose got her bitchiness from … her mother.

“Yes, ma’am,” I sighed, scrubbing my face. “Look, I know it’s late or early, whatever the case may be … but I have a weird question for you. It’s about Rosalie.”

“You and your wife and her ex-husband have lost that right,” Barbie snapped, her ire apparent. “When Emmett decided to fuck around on my daughter …”

“Mrs. Hale,” I snarled, my patience wearing thin and my anger snapping. “I don’t mean to be disrespectful, but is Rose okay? We’re dealing with a stalker situation and he sent word that he set Rosalie on fire, laughing as she burnt to death.”


“Oh, my god,” Barbie gasped.


Agent Travis Goodman

No comments:

Post a Comment