Sunday, May 7, 2017

The Magic Within Update

TMW Chapter 16 on FicPad

TMW Chapter 16 on AO3

TMW Chapter 16 on Stars

TMW Chapter 16 on FFn

TMW Chapter 16 on Wattpad

“Are you ready, Edward?” Carmen asked. She steadied the camera and looked at the computer screen.

“Not really,” he replied grumpily.

“Well, too bad,” she snickered. “It’s almost three and we’ve got almost all of the creatures logged in.”

“Fuck,” he sighed, scrubbing his face and smoothing out his speech. “Okay, let’s get this done.” He rolled his head and straightened his shoulders. He arched a brow, tightening his jaw and his emerald eyes glittered under the lights of the camera. With a harsh nod, Carmen pressed the button. “Good afternoon. My name, my human name, is Edward Cullen. Recently, something was awoken in my body and I felt power swelling through my veins. I thought that I was going crazy. Hell, I was admitted into a psychiatric facility, placed on medications and shunned by my human family. What I believed to be insanity was something more …” He waved his hand, allowing snowball to grow and he sent it skyward. The glistening snow began falling in the room and the temperature quickly dropped. “My ancestry is royal … My father, a fae warrior, was your last leader and unfortunately lost his life in a battle protecting the world from evil. Before he died, he bound all magic, including mine.”

With a flourish, he pulled the snow back in and gripped the podium. “Since my diagnosis, thanks to the doctors at Heritage Farms Psychiatric Facility, my powers have only grown until they started to move past the magical bindings placed upon our kind. I thought I had a circulation disorder … instead, I’m the male version of Elsa from Frozen. So, don’t piss me off. I’ll send the world into the next Ice Age.”

I giggled and I could see comments rolling in from the livestream. People were happy with his candor and dry humor. Some were concerned about his use of laughter, but were willing to hear him out.
“Now, I knew nothing of this world until a week ago. I was, well, am an attorney. I was never a fighter and I certainly never believed in magic. And yet, I’m standing before you, almost ten feet tall, able to create a blizzard to end all blizzards and shapeshift into any animal I desire. Based off my lineage, I’m to lead you all against the dark creatures of this world and end the long-standing battle between good and evil, light and dark, heaven and hell …” He paused, looking down and drawing a breath. He blinked up, staring back into the camera. “I’m learning. As quickly as I can, but I’m learning. From my training this morning, I’m a quick study. Now, what does this mean for all of you?

“It means that you all need to prepare to go to war with Aro and his minions of dark creatures. We cannot allow this darkness to spread like a cancer all over the world. I’m preparing to meet with leaders of other magical creatures to discuss our options. On this website, there is information about how to practice and hone your powers. Focus your attention on building up your stamina, your strength. Everyone will need to stand and fight. Men, women, elves, fae, shapeshifters, mages and witches. Like us, these dark creatures are spread all over the world, but they are all linked to Aro, as his ancestor was the one who used dark magic to create this evil.


“I’m giving anyone with powers authority to end any dark creature seen practicing magic out in the open. Our secret must remain that way … a secret. That’s paramount. According to my research, these dark creatures have the same strengths, and the same vulnerabilities as us, with the exception of vampires. They are light sensitive and will burst into flames in the sunlight, causing them to turn into ash.” He smirked. “Perhaps, with the help of my mate, we can have plenty of sunny days.” He blinked over to me, holding out his hand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment