Saturday, April 22, 2017

Out of the Darkness Update

OOTD Chapter 18 on FicPad

OOTD Chapter 18 on AO3

OOTD Chapter 18 on Stars

OOTD Chapter 18 on FFn

OOTD Chapter 18 on Wattpad

My conversation with Carlisle was quite enlightening, to say the least.

And by enlightening, it scared the shit out of me. I’d met the man who adopted Edward as his own, but was, for all intents and purposes, his boss. As I puttered in the kitchen, Carlisle stood and shifted uncomfortably. “I can help you, Bella,” he said. “I should be serving you.”

“What’s this?” I asked, laughing and pointing to Edward’s Keurig.

“Um, a blender?” he chuckled with an adorable crease between his eyes. I shook my head. “Grill pan?”

“Nope! It’s a coffee maker,” I giggled. “Don’t worry about helping me with making breakfast. I’ve survived most of my life fending for myself.” Carlisle frowned deeply, frustration marring his handsome face. I ignored it and I made myself some oatmeal, adding some fresh berries to it, along with cinnamon and nutmeg. “Would you like some?”

“No thank you,” he said, wrinkling his nose. “I don’t need to eat.”

“Really? I know that Edward has to eat if he’s been injured. Sleep, too,” I said. “Is that true for you?”

“Only if I’m gravely injured with a poison arrow from Lucifer,” Carlisle muttered. “It happened once, during the last invasion by him and his evil minions. My mate, Esme, who is also a Dominion, was able to heal me and I slept for almost a month, devouring an entire cow.”

“Was that when Edward was exiled?” I asked. “Well, before he was exiled?”

Carlisle nodded, sighing deeply. “What happened was not entirely his fault, but it was a part of the reason why he was exiled. Edward is a good man, a strong man and he hates when there is anyone in his region in pain. He felt the fake pain of Lucifer, trying to help him and it was a gradual change. By the time, he realized that he was helping Lucifer, he tried his hardest to stop it. He freed so many concentration camps, including Jasper’s. He used all his powers, trying to end it all and it helped tremendously. He used his power of persuasion, tricking the human inside of Lucifer’s minion. The human, Hitler, died at his own hand, but it was under Edward’s mind control and his guilt that caused him to kill himself,” Carlisle said. “The war ended, but He was so upset, desperate to recycle Edward. He’d committed the worst crime that an angel could commit. Alice fought for him, his team fought for him, but it was my testimony and my belief that he could be redeemed that sent him to exile down to Earth.”

“And now?” I asked.

“And now, Edward’s been redeemed and is now working for me once again,” Carlisle said, sitting down across from me. “Bella, you are important to him, to us.”

“Everyone says that and I don’t understand why,” I said, moving to the sink and doing my dishes, scrubbing my bowl with a little too much vigor.

“I’m not at liberty to say that, but you cannot fall for Lucifer’s tricks. If you become a part of his plan, unknowingly joining his minions, you would tip the balance of power to evil, to the darkness,” Carlisle growled. “Did Edward tell you how to know if someone you know is under Lucifer’s influence?”

“Black eyes,” I whispered. “No color.”

“It’s more than that. There’s no white. The entire eye is black, Bella,” Carlisle explained. He took out a cell phone from his pocket, hitting it on the counter. “How does this work? I have a picture on this contraption.”

“Give me that,” I said, swiping my finger across the screen. “When was the last time you were on Earth?”

“World War II,” he replied, smiling wryly. “Technology has changed. And Alice likes to tease me that I’m older than dirt.”

“Are you older than dirt?” I giggled. 


No comments:

Post a Comment