Thursday, March 9, 2017

The Magic Within Teaser

After Bella calmed me down, we went back to the kitchen. I devoured the rest of my meal despite the fact that I was not really hungry. Carmen gave me a wide berth since I was still on edge on her suppositions. Bella kept her hand on my arm, her touch soothing me. Shortly after we finished our meals, I did the dishes and we were guided up to our respective rooms. My bedroom was elegant, but empty. I felt empty.

Bella was shown to a room on the opposite side of the mansion. Carmen was adamant that we didn’t sleep together until Bella’s divorce was finalized. I agreed with my boss and magical protector, but that didn’t mean I had to like it.

Around midnight, there was a rapid knocking on my door. Opening it up, my sister jumped into my arms and clung to me. “Alice,” I breathed. “You’re okay.”

“I’m fine. Mom and Dad are pissed, but I’m fine,” she said. I pulled back looking at her. Her long hair was now, once again, cut into a stylish pixie cut. It framed her elfin face. “I was packing my belongings, preparing to move out when Emmett arrived at the house. He handed Dad a letter and told me that I needed to come with him. Jasper helped me load up my shit into my Porsche Cayenne. Dad blew a gasket.”

“What happened?” I asked.

“The letter that Emmett handed Dad was notification that he was being sued by you,” she smirked. “You’re getting your trust fund back.”

“Wait, what?” I chuckled in disbelief. “I didn’t file any papers. I drafted something, but never filed anything.”

“Apparently, Carmen filed them on your behalf,” Alice said. “And I think there were papers delivered to your old law firm, as well.” I pursed my lips. “Oh, stop. Mom and Dad were wrong. Soooooooo wrong in what they did to you. Now? You’re strong enough to put them into their proper place.”

“I’m stronger than you think, Ali,” I sighed, scrubbing my hair.

“Show me, Edward,” she whispered. “I know that there was something special about you and now, I want to see it.” I looked around, seeing that I had enough room to change forms. With a deep breath, I allowed the magic to swirl around me. I grew in front of my sister, rolling my shoulders and allowing my wings to spread, along with my t-shirt to tear off my body. “Whoa, Edward. You’re huge.”

“You’re telling me,” I said, sitting down cross legged and staring at my tiny sister. She was dwarfed by me. “I’m fae. I don’t know what that means, but apparently, I can control the cold and forces of nature.” I held up my hand, a swirling snowball moving above my palm. Clenching my fist, I stopped the magic and reopened my palm, an iridescent powder shimmering above it. Looking at my sister, I blew gently and the powder showered around her.


“Edward, what’s going on?” she asked. She blinked rapidly, her head cocked and she began to get bigger, taller, more muscular. However, she only grew a foot, still looking dainty and elfin. Her ears were pointed and her skin was shimmering under the lights in my bedroom. She had no tattoos like me. “What happened?” Her voice was like tinkling bells. 

No comments:

Post a Comment