Saturday, December 10, 2016

Out of the Darkness Update

OOTD Chapter 1 Update on FicPad

OOTD Chapter 1 Update on AO3

OOTD Chapter 1 Update on TWCS

OOTD Chapter 1 Update on FFn

OOTD Chapter 1 Update on Wattpad

I landed in my backyard and folded my wings back into my body. Walking into my home, I scratched my dog’s ears as he waited for me in the kitchen. “Did you guard the house, Felix?” I asked as I filled his water bowl and fed him his kibble. “No intruders?”

Felix’s tail wagged as he devoured his meal. I chuckled, walking into my massive library and sitting down in the reclining chair overlooking the Hoh Rainforest. I pulled out my journal, jotting down my thoughts from my day. I had so many journals, filled with my idle chatter and commentary about the mundane lives of humans. Mainly, it was a diatribe how I feared for the human race and future of the planet. People were so lazy, so entitled, so ... It scared me.

And don’t get me started on the ‘blame game.’ Ugh!

I also doodled, wrote music, and reflected on my past. I’d been stuck here for over sixty years, since the early 1940s. Don’t get me wrong, I liked some of my times and experiences on earth. Getting high? A-Mazing! Tattoos? Sign me up for more. Hell, I even had a huge piece on back that looked exactly like my own wings. It was sweet. Even though I couldn’t show them, I knew that they would still be seen.

Having sex? You don’t do that up in heaven. Well, you can, but you have to be committed to the person. Prior to my exile, I had never made the commitment so I was an angel virgin, but a virgin virgin. Though, my mentor/creator had her eyes on me and I knew she wanted more from me. She wanted that commitment. I just wasn’t feeling it for her.

You know?

She reminded me of a sister. An annoying, obnoxious little sister. She was smart as she came, and beautiful in her own right, but there was something child-like that I couldn’t look past. So, I relegated her to the friend-zone.


I just learned that term the other day from Google. That shit’s awesome. 

Felix

Edward's Library

Edward's Bedroom

Edward's Home

Edward's Living Room

Edward's Kitchen

1 comment: