Monday, August 15, 2016

The One That Got Away Teaser

“What do you mean that I can’t see my children?” Tanya spat, glaring at her weasel of an attorney. “Aro! You said that you’d be able to get me visitation.”

“I thought I could, when I believed that you were just estranged from your children and ex-husband, Tanya. You neglected to tell me that you had your parental rights revoked and a restraining order against you. I can’t magically get visitation when you legally gave up that right,” Aro explained slowly, as if speaking to a child. “I think it’s in your best interest to let this go. You cannot interact with your children, nor your ex-husband’s family or visit the school.”

“This is bullshit,” Tanya growled. “They’re my kids. I have rights!”

“That you signed away!” Aro bit back. “Mrs. Cullen, I can’t further help you.”

“Can I get my rights back? And then can I see my children?” she asked.

“I’ve looked into this and Florida does not allow you to regain custody after you relinquished your rights. The only way you’d be considered is if all of the next of kin are deceased and you’re all that’s left. And that’s after you’ve proven that you could care for the children,” Aro sighed.

“That could be arranged,” Tanya muttered, crossing her arms. Aro gave her a sharp look. “What? Look, if I can’t see my kids, can I have a say who has access to them?”


“Because you’re not their parent, no,” Aro said, scrubbing his face with his hands. This woman was incorrigible. “Mrs. Cullen, I’ve examined all of the legal avenues regarding your children. There are no real options. I’m sorry.” Reaching into his bag, he handed her an envelope. “Here is my bill.”

5 comments:

  1. That's not a teaser!!! that's a chapter in and of itself (he he he) READ YOU SOON 💖. bobbysgirl1976

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is she wanting to make sure Bella can't see them? Is that what she was referring to? What a bitch! Is she seriously going to cause trouble?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tanya is a few cards short of a deck. She is very selfish and doesn't care about anyone but herself. Now that Edward is happy, she wants to sabotage that. Hence, her trying to get her kids back.

      Delete
  3. Is she wanting to make sure Bella can't see them? Is that what she was referring to? What a bitch! Is she seriously going to cause trouble?

    ReplyDelete