Friday, April 1, 2016

Buying Love Update

Buying Love Chapter 54 Update on FicPad

Buying Love Chapter 54 Update on AO3

Buying Love Chapter 54 Update on FFn

Buying Love Chapter 54 Update on TWCS

Watching Bella walk out that door was harder than I anticipated. I collapsed onto the couch, curling up in the fetal position as Carlisle sat in front of me on the overstuffed chair. “She’ll be back, son.”

“My … need for her is not normal, Carlisle,” I said. “I shouldn’t be this attached.”

“She showed you kindness. You latched on and you feel safe with her, like she’ll protect you. Knowing Bella, she will,” Carlisle chuckled.

“She shouldn’t have protect me. I should be protecting her,” I growled. Looking down at my frail, broken body, I wasn’t in any shape to protect anyone. “She’ll be okay with Detective McCarty, right?”

“Emmett is one of the best officers in the force, Edward. He’ll protect her. Plus, they’re going to the courthouse, which is protected beyond recognition, with metal detectors and armed guards all throughout the complex. If Esme tried to get through, she would be stopped,” Carlisle explained.

“Okay,” I whispered.

“Now, I spoke with Dr. Banner. He told me that Dr. Benson will be here in an hour or so. She’s well-known around the Pacific Northwest for her treatment of victims of abuse, sexual, emotional and physical abuse and assault victims. She specializes in it,” Carlisle said. “She used to work for the FBI as a profiler, but couldn’t do it anymore, wanting to focus on helping the survivors of these crimes.”

“What does she look like?” I asked.

“She’s tall, a little shorter than me, with dark hair and dark eyes. I’ve seen her on the witness stand for various cases,” Carlisle said. “Now, Bella got you some clothes since she assumed that you probably didn’t have anything. Some of it is her ex-husband’s and the rest she got herself.”

“I don’t know how I’m going to pay her back,” I frowned.

“You’re not. She’s doing this because she loves you,” Carlisle said, offering me a hand.

Dr. Marina Benson


No comments:

Post a Comment