Monday, February 29, 2016

Buying Love Update

Buying Love Chapter 49 Update on FicPad

Buying Love Chapter 49 Update on AO3

Buying Love Chapter 49 Update on FFn

Buying Love Chapter 49 Update on TWCS

“You’re safe, Edward. I’m sorry,” I whispered in his ear. “I love you and I will always be by your side. I will do everything to make sure that Esme will pay for what she’s done to you. You’re okay.”

“Bella,” he choked out, his nose buried in my neck as he gripped Carlisle’s hand.

“Shhhhh,” I soothed, running my fingers through his damp hair and rocking him tenderly. Carlisle kissed Edward’s temple and gave us some privacy. Edward wrapped his arm around me and pulled me flush to his body. His grip was tight. I could feel every muscle tremble and his breathing panting against my shoulder. When Carlisle closed the door, I pressed a kiss to Edward’s forehead, guiding him to rest on my chest. “Listen to my heart, Edward. Take slow, deep breaths, love.”

He did that, finally calming down. “I’m sorry,” he whispered, his voice ragged and haunted.

“Don’t apologize, baby,” I said, leaning my cheek against his sweaty hair. “Don’t ever apologize.”

“I’m a fucking mess,” he frowned. “I hate this. I hate feeling this way.”

“You may be a fucking mess, but we’ll get you help,” I whispered. “And don’t apologize ever again, Edward. This wasn’t your fault.”

“Isn’t it?” he asked, sitting up. His face was flushed and still so gaunt. He’d lost so much weight. In Napa, he was easily thirty pounds heavier of pure muscle. Now, he was skin and bones. “If I hadn’t trusted Esme so easily, none of this would have happened.”

“Esme is a predator, Edward,” I said quietly. “She sees a weakness and exploits it. Even Felix was one of her victims.”

Edward shot me a look of disbelief. “Unlikely. That man took too much pleasure in torturing me,” he spat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment