Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Surviving the Teenage Dream Teaser

To: Steven
From: Kyra
Date: August 4th, 2031 at 8:04 am
Re: Halloween

Steve,

You better fly your butt out here for Halloween! I can host a party here! That would be so much fun! However, only if you’re able to get away. I don’t you to fall behind because of me. However, if you’re willing, I’d love for you to come out. I miss you so much.

You’ll be happy to know that I convinced Rex to press charges. He went to the police, showing them the pictures of the vandalism and the threats from his roommate. As far as I know, the roommate was arrested for vandalism, harassment, battery, menacing and committing a hate crime. Rex doesn’t know if there’s going to be a trial or anything, or if this is his first time offense. Regardless, the dude is in HUGE trouble.

And Rex is still going to get his scholarship and a hefty pay out for the whole ordeal while he’s living with me. He already staked claim in the glamor bedroom, squealing about the mirrors on the walls. He’s moving in this weekend, after some soccer camp. My parents want me to charge him rent, but I don’t know how to broach that. You know? He already chips in about three hundred bucks a month to help pay for food since he’s always over at my place. I don’t have a rent or mortgage on my condo. The expenses include groceries, assessments, electrical, and cable. Should we split them, 50/50? 33/67? I don’t know.

Oh, FYI ~ I will be out of town next week. My parents are going to Los Angeles for a little, you know, along with another Charmed movie premier and meetings for my mom with her screen plays. I have to stay at my house with my younger siblings. They’re only going to be gone for a week, but I need make sure that Mia and Masen don’t burn down the house and stuff. They come back the weekend before I start my sophomore year, though, with credits, I’m almost a junior.

Owen is already away at school at Indiana University. I keep believe my younger brother is in COLLEGE! And his girlfriend is going there, too. My parents got Owen an apartment off campus, similar to my digs, but his is a rental. He knows he’s not going to be staying there after he graduates. He wants to get his masters in conducting at Yale College of Music, possibly his doctorate. He got a full-ride to Indiana University and is the only freshman who got a spot in the top orchestra at the school.

You better send me pictures of your new digs. I can’t wait to see it. Also, how do you feel about spending the New Year in New Haven? After Christmas, I can fly back with you to New Haven? Classes don’t start for me until the second week in January. I don’t want to presume, but I figured I’d suggest it.

Anyhow, I’ve got to go grocery shopping and run some other errands today. I love you and I’ll talk to you soon.

Love,

Kyra xx

No comments:

Post a Comment