Monday, July 21, 2014

A Ilha do Amor Teaser

I ate dinner by myself after I came home from the jewelers. Bella came home late because she went out with some of her friends from the arts and entertainment section. She was a little drunk.

Okay, a lot drunk.

Paul had to carry her in. “She is going to feel it tomorrow,” he sang, putting her on the couch.

“I know something is up, Paul,” she slurred. “What are your diabolic plans for tomorrow?”

“Nothing, princess,” Paul snickered, patting her head. “Just go to sleep.” He grabbed my arm, dragging me out of the house. Making sure that Bella didn’t follow, Paul leaned in. “So, she’s got the morning off. I called her in. You need to bring her to the paper at around noon-ish. The news section and us lowly arts and entertainment reporters are setting up a buffet and pot luck for her party. It’s also a wedding shower of sorts, too. Bring Bella’s car. You’re getting presents.”

“You know she’s going to freak out,” I snorted.

“Eh, she can deal with it. Bella won this award and now is getting married on a tropical island with her dream man. Seriously, you’re like prince charming or something. There’s got to be a fault with you. Are you bad in bed?” Paul teased.

“Bella has zero complaints in that department,” I laughed. “I’m too loyal, I guess. And a workaholic.” Paul smacked my arm. “Ow…what was that for?”

“For whatever you could do to make her upset…like the awards?” Paul said, arching his perfectly groomed brow. “So, you’re not perfect.”

“I don’t claim to be. Jesus, I think you drew blood,” I snorted.

“Quit being a pussy. I love you and I love Bella. Even though you’re going a zillion miles away, keep in touch,” Paul said, giving me a hug. I patted his back. Pulling back, he wiped under his eyes. “And just because I’m gay doesn’t mean I’ll kick your ass if you hurt my girl. Capische?”

“Got it, Paul. I would never hurt her intentionally,” I said. “I love her more than my own life.”

“Good. She deserves nothing less. After what Tyler did to her...you are definitely a step up...” Paul kissed my cheek. “See you tomorrow, Edward and make sure she drinks some water?”

“Will do, man. Go love up on your husband,” I smirked.


“Oh, I will,” Paul sang, waggling his brows. 




No comments:

Post a Comment