Wednesday, June 18, 2014

A Ilha Do Amor Teaser



“The man is buying you a house,” Marcus snorted. “He’s more than just stubborn. He’s head over heels for you.”

“As I’m head over heels for him, too,” I blushed. “He’s everything to me and I can’t imagine not being with him. I don’t want him to go to Brazil, but he has to. He has so many things to do before we move back there…permanently…oh, shit!”

“What do you mean?” Marcus asked, his brow arching. “Moving back there?”

“Crap. I wanted to wait before I told you,” I said, shrinking in my seat.

“Explain, Bella,” Marcus said.

“Okay, okay,” I grumbled. “With everything that has happened with Alec and all that crap, my drive for journalism has significantly dwindled. Obviously, I’m doing my job and doing it to the best of my ability, but I just don’t have that ambition to continue. Then, when Edward proposed to me, everything made sense. I didn’t want to continue living up here because our lives are down there. Edward’s in charge of a multi-million dollar resort and he’s amazing at what he does. His family is down there. I found my happiness down there. The man I love more than my own life…”

“When were you planning on giving your notice?” Marcus frowned.

“End of May, beginning of June,” I said. “I have to finish out my lease and then I’m moving down to Brazil, permanently. I have a plan and everything for what I want to do…Marcus, please don’t be mad.”

“I’m not mad, Bella. I’m upset more than anything,” he said, scrubbing his face. “I’m upset because my best writer is moving away. I’m upset because my partner in crime, the person who kept me sane during this whole Alec debacle is not going to be in her cube anymore. Is there nothing that I can do to make you stay?”

“No, Marcus,” I said. “My place is with Edward, on the island. I love it there. It’s what I need to revitalize my career. I’m helping out as the concierge and wedding planner once I get back from my honeymoon. Rosalie, Edward’s sister-in-law, is pregnant and is taking some time off to be with the baby. I’m doing her job until Rose decides to come back or they find someone who is more suitable for the position. When that happens, I’ll probably do something else at the resort, or run a travel blog. I just can’t stay here. Seattle isn’t home anymore. I’ll miss it, but my heart is with the man who captured it on a tropical island off the coast of Brazil.”

“I’m confused, though. If you are planning on living on the island, why did you and Edward buy a house?” Marcus asked.

“So, we didn’t have to worry about putting out my parents when we come up and visit. Our plan is to live on the island a majority of the year, but for several months, we’ll be back up here to see my family and friends,” I explained.

“Okay,” Marcus said, furrowing his brow. “I have a counter proposal for you, Bella. I do not want to lose you. You are an amazing journalist. I’ll keep you on the payroll but as a freelance writer. All I need from you is a handful of articles a month. It won’t be the same as your salary, but I’ll get to keep you.”

“Let me think about it,” I said. “It would be hard to write about the goings-on in Seattle when I’m living in another hemisphere.”

“It could be a travel column or a world news column. We’ll work out the details later, but consider it,” Marcus pleaded with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment