Tuesday, November 12, 2013

The Next Chapter Update

The Next Chapter on AO3

The Next Chapter on FictionPad

The Next Chapter on TWCS
What have I done?
The woman I love more than anything just walked out on me because of my actions, my words…
“I don’t fucking care, Bella. Your mom is a fucking psycho and she’s ruining everything. How in the hell am I supposed to keep all of this bottled in? How am I supposed to know if you’re not going to turn out like her?”
I’m such a douchebag. I cupped my cheek and the sting of her palm was apparent. However, the emptiness in my heart was more troublesome.Troublesome? You completely shattered the trust of your soul mate because you had a bad day, asshole. You deserve it.
“Daddy? Where’s Mommy?” David asked, his eyes shimmering with unshed tears.
Crap. I acted like a monster in front of my wife AND my kids. They’re going to hate me. 
“She took Marie and Lizzie to get ice cream, David,” I said woodenly, turning to face him. He was holding his stuffed Simba, cowering slightly.
“Why were you fighting?” he asked, toddling over to me and slipping his hand into mine.
“Because I’m an asshole,” I responded darkly. David tugged on my hand, pointing the swear jar. I shook my head and lifted him onto the counter. “David, I messed up. Big time.”
“Why? You’re my dad. You’re perfect,” David said, frowning slightly.
“I’m not perfect, David. I hurt your mom with my words,” I sniffled, tears falling from my eyes. “I don’t know what to do…”
“Mommy will forgive you. She loves you,” David said, pressing his hand to my cheek. The same cheek that was barking at me because Bella slapped me across my face.
I held it to my face and kissed my son’s palm. Unlikely, little man. “Thanks, David. Why don’t you go up to the playroom? I’ll make you some dinner,” I said, kissing his forehead, trying to ignore the crushing pain I was feeling in my chest. He hugged me, snuggling under my chin. Squeezing him gently, I helped him onto the floor and watched him run up the stairs. Once he was gone, I fell to my knees and my stupidity washed over me. I sobbed for my callous words. I sobbed for the unbelievable hurt I saw in my Bella’s eyes when I accused her of turning into her mother.
“I don’t fucking care, Bella. Your mom is a fucking psycho and she’s ruining everything. How in the hell am I supposed to keep all of this bottled in? How am I supposed to know if you’re not going to turn out like her?”
Again, I ask…what have I done?

No comments:

Post a Comment