Monday, August 19, 2013

Surviving the Teenage Dream Teaser

As I held my future purchases, I checked on Kyra and Mia. They were in the ‘Pink’ section, glaring at Kyra’s friend Mackenzie.

“Take that back, bitch,” Kyra hissed.

“I guess you can’t keep your man satisfied,” Mackenzie said smugly. “Maybe you should lose the baby shit and find some real lingerie to entice Thomas. He really enjoyed moaning my name when I went down on him…”

“You’re such a slut, Mackenzie,” Kyra spat. Tears were in her golden eyes.

“Kyra, what’s going on?” I asked, eyeing Mackenzie.

“Hey, Mrs. Cullen,” she said, sounding sweet and innocent. “Did you have a great Christmas?”

“Cut the crap, Mackenzie. Why is my daughter crying?” I growled, arching a brow at this two-faced little snot.

“Kyra’s not crying,” Mackenzie lied.

Bullshit. Kyra’s face was stained with tears and she sniffling quietly. Mia was holding her hand, glaring at Mackenzie angrily. “Answer the question, Mackenzie,” I said harshly.

“We were fighting over some boy,” she replied airily, waving her hand dismissively. “She thought that Thomas was her boyfriend, but he took me out yesterday.”

“He is my boyfriend,” Kyra snarled, stomping away and whipping out her cell phone.

“I suggest you leave, Mackenzie,” I said calmly, shooting daggers at this manipulative little brat.
“It’s a free country, Mrs. Cullen. I don’t have to go anywhere,” she retorted, crossing her arms across her large chest. She challenged me openly and if she was my daughter, I would have smacked her silly. However, I didn’t want to get arrested, so I turned on my heel. I gave her a parting sneer as I took the bag from Mia along with her purchases, carrying them to the register. I quickly paid for them and went in search of my oldest daughter. She was outside, pacing and talking rapidly on the phone. Steve was hovering close by, pissed as hell at Mackenzie.

“Is she talking to Thomas?” I asked Steve.

“Yeah. Mackenzie was lying,” Steve replied. “That girl…she’s bad news, Miss Bella.”

“You know something,” I said.


“I do, but it’s not my place to say anything,” he answered, looking at his boots. “If Kyra wants you to know, then she’ll tell you. Until then, I take this information to the grave.”


No comments:

Post a Comment