Saturday, July 27, 2013

Starlet Teaser...

“Hmmm,” she said noncommittally. “You excited for the wrap party? Day after your closing?”
“Not really. After the tour, I’m a bit over parties. So is Bella,” I said. “Why do you ask?”
“I don’t know. I get this weird vibe about the party. Keep a close eye on each other,” Alice said, her brows furrowing.
“What do you think will happen?”
“I truthfully have no clue, but nothing good. Anyhow, I’m not Miss Cleo or anything. I’m here to discuss this Christmas Eve surprise for Bella. I think she’ll have a heart attack but I’m thrilled for you, Red,” Alice beamed. “Can I see the ring?”
I hopped up and walked to my carry-on bag from the trip. I pulled out the small wooden box that housed Bella’s engagement ring. I opened the box, smiling at the nearly two carat oval cut diamond ring with a halo of round diamonds surrounding the center stone. On either side of the stone are two smaller, ¾ carat white diamonds with round diamonds down the shank of the ring. “Here,” I said, handing her the box.
“Wow, Edward. This is gorgeous. It’s elegant and understated but quite bold at the same time,” she cooed. “You’re sure about doing it on Christmas Eve, right?”
“Yep. That’s where you come in,” I said. “I need your help to get a piano, a Christmas tree and some sort of romantic bed-thing, but not a bed since where I want to do it what will be our living room.”
“Don’t worry, Edward. Mom and I got you covered,” Alice winked, handing me the ring. 


No comments:

Post a Comment