Mafia Princess on AO3
Mafia Princess Updates on TWCS
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 pound fresh spinach
- 2 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup of onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup of red pepper, finely chopped
- 10 crimini (baby bella) mushrooms
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp worchestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp of salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Bechamel sauce (you could try alfredo, too)
- 15 oz of ricotta cheese (drained of all extra liquid)
- 2 1/2 cups of shredded mozzarella
- 9 leaves of fresh basil
- 12 lasagna strips (boiled or oven ready)
1. Sauté fresh spinach in a large sauce pan with drizzle of olive oil until it has wilted, stirring constantly (medium heat). At the beginning it will seem like a lot but, as it wilts you will end up with about a fifth of its original volume.
2. Immediately, add vegetables, worcestershire sauce, oregano and salt and pepper. Continue to sauté for about 7 minutes stirring continously. You will end up with about 3 cups of veggies. Include the liquids. Set aside.
3. Prepare Béchamel Sauce. (or alfredo)
4. Start assembling the layers of the lasagna by placing pasta (cooked or oven ready) in the bottom and spreading about 5 ounces of ricotta cheese with bottom of a spoon.(personally, I rather combine all of the veggies with the ricotta...but it's a personal preference)
5. Scoop one cup of cooked veggies and spread evenly with spatula or back of a large spoon.
6. Pour 1/4 of Béchamel Sauce evenly over veggies and sprinkle about 1/3 of a cup of shredded mozzarella.
7. Repeat steps 4, 5 and 6 two more times.
8. For final layer spread place top lasagna strips and spread remaining Béchamel, basil and mozzarella cheese (in that order). Cover with foil paper (not too tightly so that too much cheese doesn’t stick to it), or if you are using a clay/ceramic pot with lid use the lid, and cook for approximately 30 minutes (or if the lasagna strips are oven ready, bake according to manufacturer instructions). Remove foil paper and broil until cheese is golden brown.