Wednesday, July 10, 2013

A Prescription for Love Teaser...

It was a relatively small wedding. With our friends and family, it would be roughly a hundred people. My parents graciously offered to pay for the wedding since Bella’s family was non-existent. She offered a compromise. Bella and I would handle the incidentals: flowers, photographer, invitations, music and anything else that might be needed. My parents could pay for the venue and catering. My mom was ready to fight her, but I shook my head and strongly encouraged her to agree to Bella’s compromise.

Seriously, if Bella had had her way, we would have paid for everything ourselves. I was okay about that and ready to do it. When my parents offered to pay for the wedding, I was as flummoxed as Bella. So, we agreed to that compromise and honestly, we spared no expense for our wedding. The only thing that my mom was adamant on paying for was Bella’s dress. Bella hesitated when my mom suggested it.

“I want the very best for the daughter of my heart,” she said. “Let a mother spoil her daughter.”

Bella burst into tears and agreed to it, thanking my mom profusely for loving her. As far as I know, 
Bella’s dress was elegant and beautiful. Bella quipped that she’d be the one in white.

She could be naked for all I care. I just wanted to marry her. Desperately.

“Douche,” Garrett laughed, snapping his fingers in my face.

“What?” I grumbled.

“Dude, you got that ‘I-want-to-marry-her’ face on,” Garrett teased. “Less than a week, my friend.”


“I know. I just want it to be now,” I whined petulantly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment