Monday, March 18, 2013

A Ilha do Amor Teaser


“You’ll have to post pictures or something once you get settled,” Edward said. “What’s your new address?”

“I’m renting in The Bravern in Bellevue,” I said. “Tyler picked it out. It’s way more than I can afford but with the money from the wedding, it’ll make it a little more tolerable. I can also pick up another job as a waitress or something.”

“Bella,” Edward chided. “How much is this place that you’re stressing about money?”

“When I signed the lease with Tyler, we both were responsible for $2500 a month, plus expenses. Now, I’ve got to come up with $5000, roughly, for a massive apartment that I can’t even…ugh!” I growled. “Fucking Crowley.”

“Maybe he did the right thing and paid for his half of the lease?” Edward suggested.

“Unlikely,” I spat. “Sorry, I don’t mean to bitch. I’m just stressed. I make good money but not that much. Right now, my entire paycheck is rent. I can’t even afford to have internet, electricity, food, water, gas…”

“I can help,” Edward said quietly.

“No. Unless you are living in my apartment, you will not send me one red cent, Cullen. You hear me?”

“I will be staying there in September for a majority of the month…”

“Edward,” I warned. “I’ll figure it out.” The gate attendant began calling the passengers for my flight. 
“I’ve got to go, baby. I’ll call you when I land, okay?”

“Be safe, Bella,” Edward whispered. “And this conversation is not over.”

“I know,” I sighed, tugging on my braid. “I love you, Edward.”

“Love you more, gorgeous girl,” he said. “Bye, baby.”

I whimpered, hanging up the phone. I got onto my second flight, grateful that I didn’t have an obnoxious seatmate. If I had to deal with the Brazilian guy with his fugly dog, I’d seriously cut a bitch. I stuffed my ear buds into my ears and curled up on the chair for the four and half hour flight to Sea-Tac.












No comments:

Post a Comment